Isabella Magnum Porch Awning

Mr Carrot

We are looking at the Isabella magnum awning and hopefully buying a annex later. I understand the Ventura annex also fits this. We have been in one today and hubby really likes the quality, just little things like the reinforced straps. Only problem really is the price. .lol I am going to be a good wife tonight. I have been phoning around for the prices and seam to be getting some good offers. I am down from £999 to £835 and if we sell our awning and the tent we bought last year that never left the box lol it will help. So this is where you guys come in help me sell this awning to my hubby. ..

Do you have a Isabella, if so why did you buy it and have you any regrets.

We are looking at the Isabella magnum awning and hopefully buying a annex later. I understand the Ventura annex also fits this. We have been in one today and hubby really likes the quality, just little things like the reinforced straps. Only problem really is the price. .lol I am going to be a good wife tonight. I have been phoning around for the prices and seam to be getting some good offers. I am down from £999 to £835 and if we sell our awning and the tent we bought last year that never left the box lol it will help. So this is where you guys come in help me sell this awning to my hubby. ..

Do you have a Isabella, if so why did you buy it and have you any regrets.

Have tried your local friendly caravan dealer for a trade in offer against the Magnum. We did a good deal with a Dorema awning, finished up handing over £500 and the Isabella is well worth the money. Under 5 inches of snow it stood rock solid while awnings were collapsing all around us.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Have had one of these "super porch" awnings since 2003.

Excellent quality the only downside is the time to erect the awning due to the extra poles etc against the side of the van.

I believe the Ventura awnings are Isabellas cheaper range although still very good quality.

Dave

Have tried your local friendly caravan dealer for a trade in offer against the Magnum. We did a good deal with a Dorema awning, finished up handing over £500 and the Isabella is well worth the money. Under 5 inches of snow it stood rock solid while awnings were collapsing all around us.

We also looked at the Magnum and were impressed by the quality However, as there are just the 2 of us using the van we went for the Minor,similar but smaller.

Like you we were appalled at the price but I phoned around a number of caravan awning people and dealer shops and eventually found an "unused" 2007 model

that had simply been erected as a demonstrator.

The price drop was enough for us to buy it.

Now a Swift motorhome owner.

We have a 2008 Magnum, superb quality awning but at a price.

As long as we can afford it, we will stick with Isabella for quality.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

We too have a Magnum - definitely worth the money. Ours has stood up to gales and storms galore with not a problem and is roomy enough for day to day use.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I have an Isabella Magnum that I bought 6 years ago when they had a special offer for them at the NEC caravan show. Its about the largest porch awning you can get and it suits us fine. After 6 years of use it still looks like brand new. £999 seems very expensive, think I paid around £550 but it was 6 years ago. A very quick search on google came up with £785.

http://www. robinsonscaravans. co. uk/proddet. ..ABELLAMOONLIGHT

Ventura are made by Isabella and slightly cheaper. The Ventura Marlin looks very similar to the Magnum for £589. Not quite sure what the differences are between the Isabella and Ventura

http://www. robinsonscaravans. co. uk/products. php?cat=58

People seem to give NR Awnings a good name. They do some porch awnings slightly smaller but considerably cheaper

http://www. nrawning. co. uk/nr/conluxe. htm

When buying a porch awning check that the height is suitable for your caravan, although with a flat roof it should be standard. Its onlyboat shaped roofs with lower awning rail that may have problems

Brian

Thanks everyone. .I understand that the Ventura marlin is much cheaper but unfortunately it is not acrylic were the magnum is. Robinson's is coming in at the cheapest at £835 with fiber and £785 with steel. Still working on convincing the hubby lol One thing i will say though is when phoning a round all the dealers one dealer did say they don't stock Isabella any more as 2009 brought a big price increase. This i don't know if true or not as I am not really aware of the previous prices.

We're choosing between an Isabella Magnum or an All-in-One 360, or possibly an Opus full awning for our Bailey Burgundy. A porch is lighter to carry and put up, and gives a bit of sitting-out room under the lounge window, but a full awning has play-room for the g'children!

Ease of erection (oo-er) will be a major consideration - porch frames can be tricky until the frame becomes restrained by the canvas, but then the full awning canvas weighs more. Are Isabella porches easier than other makes?

Bry

We're choosing between an Isabella Magnum or an All-in-One 360, or possibly an Opus full awning for our Bailey Burgundy. A porch is lighter to carry and put up, and gives a bit of sitting-out room under the lounge window, but a full awning has play-room for the g'children!

Ease of erection (oo-er) will be a major consideration - porch frames can be tricky until the frame becomes restrained by the canvas, but then the full awning canvas weighs more. Are Isabella porches easier than other makes?

Bry

I was looking inside a magnum today and it looks pretty straight forward in putting it up. My hubby laid down in it like you do lol and it was bigger than I thought then. He is 6 foot 4 and it also had a small table and chairs in. We may buy the annex later too which will give you extra space for the grandchildren or their toys. I believe the cheaper Ventura annex does fit too. But then again if I had the money I would buy the all in one 360, well maybe if like you say it was easy to put up. When my grandchildren appear I think i will be in Australia lol I can just about handle web cam kids.

Bry

Bry we use an Isabella Magnum and frequently take our 2 grandchildren away - they have plenty of room to play in the awning plus room for us to sit at a table and them at a children's size one. Oh - and store all their toys!!!!

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Raymond James caravans at coventry is selling them for £799 (inc lightweight CX poles) on ebay. Thats a good price

Thats where I bought my ex-demo Isabella, might be worth asking if they've got any more!

Now a Swift motorhome owner.

Thanks for your help we are now waiting for the delivery of our new Isabella magnum porch awning, they say we should get it tomorrow. We got it for 808. 99 from Raymond James. We have phoned lots and asked for price matches but this came up tops. The best offer and its a 2009 model with cx too. Now my next question is who wants to feed us for the next month lol all leftovers welcome x Hubby says no way now am I allowed to buy anything else but hey I am a woman and have my eyes on some new chairs lol. .

Good choice :)

It will last for years & will fit (almost) any caravan you get.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)