5 Birth Rear Bunk

thelonegroover

I’d be very interested to find anyone that uses the rear bunk in a twin dinette 5 birth, like the current S7 Pageant Provence, S5 Pageant Auvergne, Coachman Amara 550, Swift Charisma 540 etc. And why you have to have a microwave which waists a perfectly good cupboard.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Guest iancjc
And why you have to have a microwave which waists a perfectly good cupboard.

becuase a cupboard don't heat thing up?

Microwave essential for us (all the kids like hot milk on cereals and the mw is the easiest / safest method) - if you don't want it take it out (or use the microwave - provided it's unplugged - for storage)

becuase a cupboard don't heat thing up?

Microwave essential for us (all the kids like hot milk on cereals and the mw is the easiest / safest method) - if you don't want it take it out (or use the microwave - provided it's unplugged - for storage)

Hi Ian,

I'm sure its essential for you and lots of others, but something like this could very easily be an option. Half our outings are without EHU, so half the time it’s a complete waist of space and weight, I’d much rather have another cupboard with a door.

Swift Challenger 490

We always use sites with EHU, even CLs, so we've been taking a microwave with us since the 1980s.

Personally I don't see the point in fitting cheap radio/cd players or cheap TVs - I'd rather fit my own to get the quality I want - but it takes all sorts - swap you a microwave for a TV !

- We used our rear bunk in the last caravan as it meant not having to pack up the toys etc every night when our daughter wanted to go to bed.

- We have a similar view on the microwave and our dealer said it was a matter of removing a couple of screws to release the microwave then fitting hinges and a locker door, hey presto another cupboard. Sell the microwave on e-bay to recover some costs.

Ted

Guest iancjc
Hi Ian,

I'm sure its essential for you and lots of others, but something like this could very easily be an option. Half our outings are without EHU, so half the time it’s a complete waist of space and weight, I’d much rather have another cupboard with a door.

On our Ace it does sit in a cupboard behind a door - so if I took it out I would have a cupboard (with a 3 pin leccy socket in it)

I've noticed on newer swifts (ours is a 2006) that they don't fit behind a cupboard dooor anymore.

I took our bunk out of the dinette area & made some cushions to fit the gap,

We rarely use the microwave at home so wouldn't want one in the van

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

What fascinates me is the bunk with 5 babies being born in it :wub:

Sorry just couldn't help myself on that one :rolleyes:

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

What fascinates me is the bunk with 5 babies being born in it :wub:

Sorry just couldn't help myself on that one :rolleyes:

Must be nearly as bad as a 6 birth side dinette!

Swift Challenger 490

hi

my ci esprit 16 is 5 berth with a flip down bunk bed at the rear,

its currently on the floor at the mo as im renovating that end of my van.

normaly my eldest daughter uses it as it gets her out the way of the other kids,lol

i would say health and safety could be an issue but as long as its only here up there its ok.

cheers

syborg.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the bunk out as soon as I got the van home---well after fitting the mover

We bought a double bed size foam mattress with memory foam built in topper and made a transverse bed across the rear of the Award Nightstar

Its much easier to get out of bed than on the side beds and so easy that HRH fell out one night---non drinker!

As for microwaves I have been fitting them to our vans since 1985 and wouldn't be without one

The built in oven on the other hand we could do without the bulk and weight

Its a good thing we are all different

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE