Caravan Accessories

We have been thinking about getting a cover for the caravan due to the fact that we live near a quarry and the van is always getting covered in sand. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with these we have heard that the condensation collects and gets in the through the vents, is this so?

My neighbours got one on his motor home, but he not to happy with it. The wind had made it flap about slightly and it’s rubbed the paint off the corners of the front wings, and the rear edge of the roof.

Plus he thinks the inside of the van smells musty, which he puts down to lack of air circulation.

I think he’ll be selling the cover it soon to help pay for the respray.

Paul & Lynn sunny.gif

I looked at getting one but decided to use the van instead. One of the problems is that the van must be completely clean before you put the cover on or you risk scratching it. Also, even breathable covers must restrict the flow of water vapour away from the van.

Besides, if the van is covered up you're less likely to get home from work on a friday and decide to disappear for the weekend.

Keat

We have been thinking about getting a cover for the caravan due to the fact that we live near a quarry and the van is always getting covered in sand.   Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with these we have heard that the condensation collects and gets in the through the vents, is this so?

13979[/snapback]

I tried using a caravan cover, It cost £1000 to repair the damage caused by water trapped between the cover and the roof of the caravan. :(

I

Besides, if the van is covered up you're less likely to get home from work on a friday and decide to disappear for the weekend.

Keat

14499[/snapback]

Good point :D:D

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I have had a cover on my new pageant for three months now and visit it regular to check for all the points mentioned above, but I have not seen any evidence of anything. If anything I look at the caravans around mine and can't help thinking poor vans. I picked mine up december and it is as I first viewed it on our pick up day. :rolleyes: