Information From A Dealer

Beachcomber1995

picking up a caravan from a dealer (1st time) 2nd hand, what paper work should he give me and i ask for . Have done a CRiS check (wife's idea ) any numbers on chassis and weight plate to check etc. etc. ...........................thanks :unsure: spritly86

1. CRiS document (similar to car V5 registration document) which has to be sent off and registered in your name

2. Full set of manuals

3. Service book stamped up to date.

4. Receipt for payment

Brian

1. CRiS document (similar to car V5 registration document) which has to be sent off and registered in your name

2. Full set of manuals

4. Receipt for payment

Brian

& a good copy of any waranty you can negotiate & a waranty that van is damp free together wth damp cert

2. Full set of manuals

4. Receipt for payment

Brian

A little misleading there, CRiS is an entirley voluntary scheme and you are under no obligation to register your van with them.

However, I can't think of any reason why you would choose not to register it other than the small cost involved! :D

Have Bailey - Will Travel

A little misleading there, CRiS is an entirley voluntary scheme and you are under no obligation to register your van with them.

However, I can't think of any reason why you would choose not to register it other than the small cost involved! :D

True, but at least you should receive the paperwork to give you the option, which is what the originator asked. All new caravans are automatically registered with CRiS, the only voluntary bit is whether the second or subsequent owners wish to carry on with it.

http://www. hpicheck. com/newfrontend/caravans_boats. jsp

Brian

picking up a caravan from a dealer (1st time) 2nd hand, what paper work should he give me and i ask for . Have done a CRiS check (wife's idea ) any numbers on chassis and weight plate to check etc. etc. ...........................thanks :unsure: spritly86

Most people that have looked after their van will have kept all of the instructions and guarantees for the van and all of it's fittings in the folder that came with it, along with the service record for the van. If it is not there I would want to know why.

You should also get the CRiS documents so that you can register it in your name.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz