So, I Bought A New Caravan Today...

Tigerseye

Hi

I am very excited :D and a bit :blink:

We went to view the Ranger again and did lots of poking about and asking of questions. It seems in very good nick and 2008 damp readings were maximum 15%, so we were tempted. Then, we spotted a 2002 Bailey Senator Arizona, same price, lots of kit as standard and quite plush, so we gave it some thought.

In the end, the Arizona won out, we are very excited as it is bigger and more fancy than we were looking for but we think we got a good deal - the Dealer is very reputable, gave us £500 discount, is turning it around by Friday fully washed and serviced so we can go on holiday. 12 months warranty including bodywork. Fitting an alko-ball as we have a standard tow bar.

They are coming back to us with the stats from the previous service on damp, but they said they would have checked it when it was part-exed and they wouldn't sell it if it had damp. The owner bought it from them and had it serviced and repaired by them every year and had part-exed it for a brand new Senator. It is slightly heavier than we were looking for but manageable and we won't overload it especially as we have no awning yet.

So we are hoping it all comes back sound, and we will collect Friday and enjoy some holidaying!

Any feedback on the Senator Arizona would be very helpful, we think - hope - we done good, but any tips or words of caution much appreciated.

Hi

I am very excited :D and a bit :blink:

We went to view the Ranger again and did lots of poking about and asking of questions. It seems in very good nick and 2008 damp readings were maximum 15%, so we were tempted. Then, we spotted a 2002 Bailey Senator Arizona, same price, lots of kit as standard and quite plush, so we gave it some thought.

In the end, the Arizona won out, we are very excited as it is bigger and more fancy than we were looking for but we think we got a good deal - the Dealer is very reputable, gave us £500 discount, is turning it around by Friday fully washed and serviced so we can go on holiday. 12 months warranty including bodywork. Fitting an alko-ball as we have a standard tow bar.

They are coming back to us with the stats from the previous service on damp, but they said they would have checked it when it was part-exed and they wouldn't sell it if it had damp. The owner bought it from them and had it serviced and repaired by them every year and had part-exed it for a brand new Senator. It is slightly heavier than we were looking for but manageable and we won't overload it especially as we have no awning yet.

So we are hoping it all comes back sound, and we will collect Friday and enjoy some holidaying!

Any feedback on the Senator Arizona would be very helpful, we think - hope - we done good, but any tips or words of caution much appreciated.

Sounds great - you'll appreciate the extra space etc etc. Not be needing my Ranger spare wheel then! ;) Enjoy your holidays - D

Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - Swift Conqueror 570

Nice one.

Hope you have many happy holidays in your new 'van - you can forget all about the troubles with the old one now!

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'