New Sprite Quattro Es

ChrisLunar

Returne home from a weekend away in rainy conditions more or less all the way home.

Got home ok, unpacked the van as usual and noticed in the rear washroom, in the main 'wardrobe' water along the bottom of the cupboard. No water coming from above seems as though its coming up from the floor? Cant see any obvious signs as it is all across the floor. Not a lot of water but enough to be concerned about.

Contacted the dealer I bought it from and I am taking it back on saturday for them to have a look.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem or any ideas??

Errm, Yes - check on the rear wall on the outside of the caravan where the aluminium rear panel meets with GRP lower panel . If you get down low you should be able to see the mastic between the 2 panels look for gaps in the mastic make sure you cant get your fingernails between the 2 panels . You may need the lower GRP panel resealing to the rear panel . Check inside the wardrobe you may see staining on the lower section of the wallboard on the left hand side ?

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing unreasonable about a manufacturer asking for photographic evidence - it's an easy way to check.

Don't forget that as well as trying to satisfy customers, manufacturers also have to be on their guard against unscrupulous dealers who might inflate or falsify the amount of work involved, which they get paid for - not that these are common of course.

It's no different to an insurance company having an assessment done by a loss-adjuster.

There's nothing unreasonable about a manufacturer asking for photographic evidence - it's an easy way to check.

Don't forget that as well as trying to satisfy customers, manufacturers also have to be on their guard against unscrupulous dealers who might inflate or falsify the amount of work involved, which they get paid for - not that these are common of course.

It's no different to an insurance company having an assessment done by a loss-adjuster. Well, yes it is because you are doing the work for them

Phil. !

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Errm, Yes - check on the rear wall on the outside of the caravan where the aluminium rear panel meets with GRP lower panel . If you get down low you should be able to see the mastic between the 2 panels look for gaps in the mastic make sure you cant get your fingernails between the 2 panels . You may need the lower GRP panel resealing to the rear panel . Check inside the wardrobe you may see staining on the lower section of the wallboard on the left hand side ?

Hi

A photo is the normal procedure for the dealer to forward to Swift Warranty claims dept

I have taken photograph's for warranty work and passed them on to the dealer who intern passed them on to Swift

The dealer was able to agree the warranty work with Swift, so the required parts where in stock at the dealers ready for when I dropped the van off for service / warranty repairs

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Update from Swift via the dealer . ....

Swift have turned down the warranty claim because the damp reading is too low. .!

I had the van for 3 weeks when I noticed water in the rear cupboard, the dealer where i got it from has had a look at this and has took photos which have been sent to swift and suspects the water is getting in through the bottom awnning rail.

Surely on a brand new caravan Swift should still agree to look at this. .!

Cant believe Swifts response and wondering what to do next. .............

ChrisLunar,

Can you drop me a PM with your full name and chassis number, and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Ash

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

• 5 months later...

Unbelievable. ..!

This is still ongoing, Warranty claim has finally been accepted by Swift, the parts that were sent to my dealer were incorrect. I have chased Derby Caravans on numerous occasions who tell me its Swift thats holding matters up.

I have some other 'issues' with van, water is getting into the front window and battery door locks are faulty which i presume will be covered by warranty.

You hope after spending over 10 grand on a caravan you would get decent customer service off your dealer and Swift, both has been poor and won't be using any again.

If Swift could assist I would be very grateful.

Hi ChrisLunar,

I don't have a record of your previous PM, so if you can drop me a new PM, with your Chassis Number, dealer name and the parts you are waiting for, I can certainly look into this for you.

Thanks,

Ash

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks