Getting Round Paris

Just looking at possible routes for next winter, decided to use the Autoroutes due to the time of year, i will be going down to the Southwest of France and then into Spain.

Its a long time since i did this and the last time i finished up on the Peripheric. Is this still the case?, looking at the online maps, they show the A86 as by passing Paris.

I was thinking of using the A10 and A20 down to the south, I shall be going via the tunnel, as SWMBO does not, under any circumstances, do boats.

Anyone done this route recently?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

We came back via Paris and the Rue Periphic, have to say it was busy. It was however a lot quicker than our inbound route. We did come back on a Thursday not at a weekend. Hope that may be of help to you.

Regards
Ian

Hi

The periphique has a lot of mystique attached to it.

I've used it several times over the years. Avoid rush hour because it'll be very slow. During normal times of the day it isn't the fastest of routes but it keeps moving at a fair speed and is probably the shortest route. Don't be frightened by it but make sure you move over into the slow lane in plenty of time for your exit.

Scales

Other option for the southwest is to head towards Rouen, then turn south.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

You don't have to do the inner or even the outer periphique now there is a third one an outer road that we take to the South it is the N104 and is getting made up to motorway standard. . starts just where you want it to -- at the end of the A1 from Arras . . it is called La Francilenne. . and runs all around to the A10 going South. .

Much easier well it is for us as we always start off with a week in Paris any way -- usually at QV. . then head South West. . you keep a nice fast motorway speed all the way around. .

Only one point to remember -- do not stray off the inner periphique in to central Paris -- totaly Verboten for cars and caravans --

Edited by MauriceH

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

You don't have to do the inner or even the outer periphique now there is a third one an outer road that we take to the South it is the N104 and is getting made up to motorway standard. . starts just where you want it to -- at the end of the A1 from Arras . . it is called La Francilenne. . and runs all around to the A10 going South. .

Much easier well it is for us as we always start off with a week in Paris any way -- usually at QV. . then head South West. . you keep a nice fast motorway speed all the way around. .

Only one point to remember -- do not stray off the inner periphique in to central Paris -- totaly Verboten for cars and caravans --

Thanks for this Maurice, looks good, just one point, the N104 seems to stop around its junction with the A4, i take it you use the A4 till you get to the A104 east of the city?

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

When you get j through Chas De-Gaul Airport -keep on and

-- follow the A104 round to the A4 at that junction keep RIGHT as if you are going to Paris

-- then join the A104 again at the next junction and head South

-- back on to La Francilenne. .

It isn't a complete "ring yet - but stops at the A10 just after passing St Genevieve des Bois -- but that is all you need if you are going South West. ..

-- there are plans to make it into a complete ring

-- then I suppose it will be the third periphiques. .

Has saved us Hours since we "discovered it" about three years ago -- saves going into either of the normal periphiques. .

Maurice

When you get j through Chas De-Gaul Airport -keep on and

-- follow the A104 round to the A4 at that junction keep RIGHT as if you are going to Paris

-- then join the A104 again at the next junction and head South

-- back on to La Francilenne. .

It isn't a complete "ring yet - but stops at the A10 just after passing St Genevieve des Bois -- but that is all you need if you are going South West. ..

-- there are plans to make it into a complete ring

-- then I suppose it will be the third periphiques. .

Has saved us Hours since we "discovered it" about three years ago -- saves going into either of the normal periphiques. .

Maurice

Many thanks Maurice, just looked at it on Google Earth, looks a great way to avoid Paris, i would not have found it without your help, so much obliged to you.

Phil.

-- totaly Verboten for cars and caravans --

Maurice

:unsure: nichts "verboten"

on dit "interdit" ;)

But there are caravans parked within the peripherique, residents' exemption?

Maurice

:unsure: nichts "verboten"

on dit "interdit" ;)

But there are caravans parked within the peripherique, residents' exemption?

We lived in Paris for a couple of years when I worked at the embassy there -- we were given Strict instructions not to bring our vans inside the inner periphiques. ..

I don't know how the residents managed --unless they had a sort of "one way" pass - to and from home etc. .

we lived in side but didn't get one. . stored the van 27 km outside. .

but for the casual tourist NO NO. .

Maurice