Handbrake Dodgy!

growbag

Hi all.

I'm after some advice. The hand brake on my Bordeaux seems to work ok on one wheel but not the other. Can anyone tell me how I can sort it without taking all the way to my dealer who will certainly rip my arm off for something I'm hoping I can do myself reletivley easily.

I,ve read all the posts about the star adjusters in the hubs,is it a case of adjusting the one that's not working correctly or is there more to it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Growbag

Mondeo 2. 0 tdci 163 bhp & Rave4 tugging a Bailey Bordeaux 2004

Hi all.

I'm after some advice. The hand brake on my Bordeaux seems to work ok on one wheel but not the other. Can anyone tell me how I can sort it without taking all the way to my dealer who will certainly rip my arm off for something I'm hoping I can do myself reletivley easily.

I,ve read all the posts about the star adjusters in the hubs,is it a case of adjusting the one that's not working correctly or is there more to it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Growbag

Could be cable or linkage seized. Chock both wheels front and behind then see if linkage moves at the brake back plates when someone operates the handbrake lever. If it seems free then adjustment may be needed. Alko instructions here Alko brake adjustment. As you will be jacking the caravan with the brake off, chock the other wheel then ensure that the van is attached to the car to prevent it rotating around the wheel left on the ground. After raising the van, lower the steadies on the same side and put an axle stand or solid support under the axle. Good luck.