First Timer

stephenandkim

Hello

I'm new to this site and would like some information about any caravan parks in the colchester area? i'm going that way for a family wedding.

Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

welcome to the forum, I am sure someone will be along to answer your query very soon.

GPS

Hello

I'm new to this site and would like some information about any caravan parks in the colchester area? i'm going that way for a family wedding.

Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen

A list of sites in the Colchester area can be found here. ...... UKCS/sites/results3. ..ter&by=town

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Hi Stephen,

Like you I'm new on here and was just trawling through a few things when I saw your request for info. I can recommend the Colchester Camping & Caravan Park. I have used it many times, they have a few full service pitches which I like to use if available. It has good access to the A12 and is kept very tidy, has a small shop for basic essentials (no newspapers though)

Here is a link to their website http://www. colchestercamping. co. uk/.

Hope you enjoy your trip

Gilbs

Edited by Gilbs

Hi Stephen welcome to the site. A nice site is fen farm on mersea island. Its just outside colchester has its own private beach kids can go crabing theres a pub :D just down the road which is walking distance from the site.

Swiftie.

I can recommend Ardleigh Caravan & Camping Park, Oakview Nurseries CO7 7RH, about 6 miles from Colchester.

BUT it has no toilets or showers, only a very nice peaceful site with electric hook-ups.

One word of caution if you use sat nav, make sure you take the Dedham turn from the A12 not the Ardleigh one as the sat-nav will say.

It is a very narrow road of about a mile and a half long which seemed a lot further when I was towing squeezing past other vehicles.

Even then I was lucky, according to the site owners it's quite common for lorries to use it as a cut-through to a haulage depot a few miles away and there is no way you can pass an HGV on that road.

Who reverses, car and caravan or HGV? :(

It just shows you should take the routes recommended by site listing books and not blindly follow sat nav.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden