Hitch Cover

tim

Our hitch cover has seen better days so though about getting a new one.

Though we would go for one with a pattern one or something, a bit different from a plain one.

However, did google and could'nt find any at all, only plain colour ones and "St George" cross ones. (nothing wrong with that!)

I thought in this day and age when you get wind breaks etc, with all sorts of patterns, you would get a hitch cover like it.

Unless any one knows different?

Tim

I saw some on Ebay recently that were plain colours, i. e. no signwriting/advertising for the supplying dealer and they were quite reasonably priced.

However, is there any real need for a hitch cover? What does it protect, the only thing I can think of is to protect the plastic parts from UV damage and I would have guessed that modern plastics are far more resistant to UV than ever before.

Have Bailey - Will Travel

I saw some on Ebay recently that were plain colours, i. e. no signwriting/advertising for the supplying dealer and they were quite reasonably priced.

However, is there any real need for a hitch cover? What does it protect, the only thing I can think of is to protect the plastic parts from UV damage and I would have guessed that modern plastics are far more resistant to UV than ever before.

mine protects the workings from bird droppings when in storage.

jeff

Not so - I had to replace the handbrake lever handle on my previous 'van and the AKS hnadle on the present 'van (2002) is very white and flakey.

Mike

Hi paulus,

I like a hitch cover because it protects the electric plug from constantly getting wet, plus we had corrosion on the Alko stabilizer though this has been replaced under warranty,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

ours wore out, so i made my own, by undoing the old cover and using it as a pattern, i then got some of that plasticy table cloth material - with a pebble design on it and made my own - excellent and only a couple of pounds!

very satisfying!

carrie

Thanks for replies.

The "covers and bags" plain one seems a good price.

As there are no patterned ones, looks like I will have to stick to my patterned winbreak, flag pole and table lamp by the front window and not forgetting my gnomes!!

Tim

Got one from covers and bags, thanks.

Arrived next day.

Very good service

Tim

ours wore out, so i made my own, by undoing the old cover and using it as a pattern, i then got some of that plasticy table cloth material - with a pebble design on it and made my own - excellent and only a couple of pounds!

very satisfying!

carrie

Did you have to use a special needle in your sewing machine, I have thought about doing this.

I have been looking for a hitch cover for my present van since the day I got it, but no one seems to make one big enough. The reason being is that the sockets for the 12n & 12s leads are that far back on the A frame cover, that the normal ones only just cover the hitch and jockey wheel, therefore I end up wrapping the leads round the jockey wheel before I fit my cover. If anyone knows of a make large enough to fit my van, I would appreciate the contact details of the manufacturers.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.