Preferred Location For The Tv

colger23

Location of TV  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred location of TV in lounge area

• TV on front cabinet
    • TV in centre of 'van

I am interested to know what the popular location for the TV would be within the front lounge area of a caravan. I appreciate that there is often very little choice but what would be your 'Preferred Location' if you had a choice??

Gerry

Edited by colger23

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Suppose it's dependant on your van layout and type of TV.

Our van is a twin dinette. We've a TV point at the front for positioning on top of the central chest of drawers. And a second at the side for a collapsable TV shelf.

We use the shelf. It's big enough for our LCD TV and 12v Digibox. An old CRT portable would be too heavy and that would have to be placed on the chest of drawers, front and centre.

Bigdrinks, I agree it really depends on the layout of the 'van but in your case I presume you prefer a location towards the centre of the 'van.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Guest John KS
left at home :D

Yes we often leave ours at home if we go abroad but do take it on short breaks in case the weather is not good. we do take it to Ireland though.

Put ours on the cabinet at the front as we both object to having our heads stuck in the blinds! :(

Us too. Much better things to do when away.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Ours is mounted in the TV cabinet at the back of the caravan over the bed, we don't have one in the lounge.

GPS

We have little choice but to put it on the sideboard as we don't have a front chest of drawers,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Just think what you could be missing outside when you have the tv in the centre of the van, I always like to keep one eye on whats going on, nosey or just inquisitive ?.

Guest Surfer
Just think what you could be missing outside when you have the tv in the centre of the van, I always like to keep one eye on whats going on, nosey or just inquisitive ?.

At least someone is being honest about being a twitcher! LOL :D

Us too. Much better things to do when away.

Same here!

Cheers

Keith

I am interested to know what the popular location for the TV would be within the front lounge area of a caravan. I appreciate that there is often very little choice but what would be your 'Preferred Location' if you had a choice??

Gerry

If I had tv on board, my preferred location would be opposite the door, then I could emulate a French couple who, on a super sunny evening, right alongside a lake, surrounded by beautiful mountains, set up their table, bottle of wine and meal, on the grass opposite where they could look into the caravan to watch what appeared to be a very boring political program.

I suppose that if you do not like your partner very much, the system is a good way of avoiding that other caravan vice, talking to each other.

Edited by colinj09

Yes to both :D . I must admit that I would rather look out of the front window but then when would the TV snobs be able to comment on our system if they couldn't see what we're watching? I had two comments from a man, this weekend about why do we need Sky TV? The reason for two comments was that I ignored his first comment, then ignored his second. Why do people think it necessary to impose their will on others?

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Choice of two places, front chest of drawers or on side cupboard !! we use the side so that we can sit back and watch it using the front to put the drinks on.

Jeff

There has to be one, when people come on here asking for advice, some one allways come up with their belief, if you dont want to take tv or have anything to do with a tv, then why reply to that question. .....unless you want to get your star count up.

My answer would be to try the different combinations to what would be suitable to your Caravan, where do you normally sit and facing what direction, where is the power point, and the coaxial lead is coming from where in the van?

We always have a tv with us, as we would like to have a good idea as to what type of clothing we will be wearing the next day, hence the local tv and weather reports.

P. S. I am usually found in the awning reading a book, and supping a cold one or three B)

Ace Firestar hiding behind Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm not depressed,the world is just happier than me.

Guest Surfer
P. S. I am usually found in the awning reading a book, and supping a cold one or three B)

Why take a book when you supposed to be out enjoying yourself! That is as bad as taking your TV along. LOL :D :D

some touchy people about!! my post "left at home" had a :D on it - it was just a joke. really, really sorry if it upset anyone. suppose, by sending this, I will again be accused of just getting post count up, but, what the hell :(

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Ours spends 99% of the time in its bag lying in the bottom of the shower cubicle, but when it does come out it sits on the drawers in the front of the van.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

In that case you can answer on behalf of others. Where DO they put the TV? :lol::lol:

Old habits eh? do you still do a "quick recce" around the site? :ph34r:

Ace Firestar hiding behind Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm not depressed,the world is just happier than me.

Gerry

We have a little 28" high cupboard at the bottom of the left hand bench seat which butts up to the wardrobe.

My TV, DVD player etc fits there perfectly and there are sockets and aerial points adjacent.

Perfick !!

- Wilkie

I chose 'at the front' but really prefer looking out at the scenery rather than the TV. The reason we have our TV to the front was because the TV's speaker system is poor in quality, so i rigged the TV audio output into the vans radio speakers. Plus point is that the sound quality is excellent. Bad point is that unless you want to hear the TV from behind you, it needs to be sited at the front of the van.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5