Fitting A Stereo

arbamus

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about fitting a stereo to my 2005 Dart. The wiring is already in place (must have been fitted by the factory). Does anyone have pics of a stereo installed in a Dart, as I am interested to see the position of the head unit and speakers.

Thanks,

Andrew.

2005 Avondale Dart 556-6
2010 Chevrolet Captiva 2. 0 VCDI 150

I was getting ready to fit one in our 2006 Dart but then we sold it. I was going to make a box to mount the stereo inside the locker where the wiring was and then put the speakers in the panels in the front corners. That reminds me must sell the stereo and speakers now :rolleyes: without swmbo noticing.

Ted

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about fitting a stereo to my 2005 Dart. The wiring is already in place (must have been fitted by the factory). Does anyone have pics of a stereo installed in a Dart, as I am interested to see the position of the head unit and speakers.

Thanks,

Andrew.

The head units are often mounted in the front right roof locker, as shown in the picture. The Speakers are then placed, either in the front roof lockers facing down, or in the front of the same lockers facing each other across the 'van.

Gordon.

Radio.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Andrew,

I don't have pictures but have fitted a stereo to my Dart last year. I have the head unit and one speaker on the Right side front pane ( just after the locker) as you look from inside and the other speaker on the left in the same position. .

I had to cut holes for both head unit and speakers, i used a mini jig saw for the head unit ( after first drilling pilot hole) and then used a tank cutter ( Plumbing) for the speakers.

Be careful when you cut the hole for the head unit as there is a lighting box directly behind.

I will try and get some photos for you when im next out.

Lance