Hobby Prestige 690 Vip Collection

FM02MZO

We went to the Caravan & Motorhome Show at Castle Donington over the weekend and Ambergate Caravans were displaying a Prestige 690 VIP Collection caravan, which my friend is very much interested in. We have searched the 'net including Hobby UK and Germany etc. , but we cannot find any reference to it. If anyone can give us any info on the van, it will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

We went to the Caravan & Motorhome Show at Castle Donington over the weekend and Ambergate Caravans were displaying a Prestige 690 VIP Collection caravan, which my friend is very much interested in. We have searched the 'net including Hobby UK and Germany etc. , but we cannot find any reference to it. If anyone can give us any info on the van, it will be greatly appreciated.

I've got the German Hobby 2009 brochure and there are no 690 models listed. It may be a Dealer special based on a 650 or 720 model as the number does not, necessarily, indicate length. As it will certainly be 2. 55 cm wide and, possibly over 7m long, it will not be road legal in the U. K. for towing with a car,

Edited by beejay

I've got the German Hobby 2009 brochure and there are no 690 models listed. It may be a Dealer special based on a 650 or 720 model as the number does not, necessarily, indicate length. As it will certainly be 2. 55 cm wide and, possibly over 7m long, it will not be road legal in the U. K. for towing with a car,

Thanks for the reply, it was 2. 55 cm wide and I would say it was a lot nearer to 8 metres than 7. It was twin axle, had the normal table at the front, a dinette on the left side facing the kitchen area. Next to the kitchen area was the bedroom which had a wide double bed but it was across the the van and you could walk round the bottom of it to get to the toilet compartment which was at the rear.

Regarding a towing vehicle that is no problem as that would be a Mercedes Benz Vito Travel Liner.

Can you throw any more light on the caravan?

Regards
Terry Birch

Regarding a towing vehicle that is no problem as that would be a Mercedes Benz Vito Travel Liner.

Even the extra long variant Travel Liner, has a kerb weight of only a little over 2100kg and so will not do at all. :(

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Can you throw any more light on the caravan?

Do a Google search. There are a lot for sale, new and used (mainly ex-traveller I suspect, as they would be the main buyers for these vans).

I've been back through the Hobby brochures to 2003 and there are no German 690 models so it seems to be a U. K. special imported through Ambergate the U. K. Agent.

Do a Google search. There are a lot for sale, new and used (mainly ex-traveller I suspect, as they would be the main buyers for these vans).

I've been back through the Hobby brochures to 2003 and there are no German 690 models so it seems to be a U. K. special imported through Ambergate the U. K. Agent.

Many thanks for the info, I shall pass it on

Regards
Terry Birch

The 640 and 690 VIP are special for the UK market and do not appear in the Hobby brochure. .As far back as 2002 Hobby were making UK Specials such as the 635 SMF and the 700 SMF and they never appeared in the brochure either. .however they usually produce a small leaflet type thing with limited details of the UK Specials . .I have several of these for the 635 and 700 but sadly not for the van you are asking about. .Best contact a Hobby dealer who should be able to produce what you require

Cheers

Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

Our friends who are interested in the VIP 690 have gone back to Gosport today, so any further questions will be from them, as they also follow the newsgroups.

Regards
Terry Birch

• 1 month later...

I have a hobby 690 for sale bought Nov 2007,fully serviced, not ex traveller with full isabella penta awning. Only been driven on road to delivery site ( 200miles ). £12500

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel