Cordless Drill For Winding Corner Steadies

Looking ideally for an 18V for around £20 that will last. My current 12V from Nu Tool will just about wind 3 legs before giving up. Admitedly it is quite old though.

I'm afraid that as with most things, "you gets what you pays for". You buy cheap, then that's exactly what you get.

Jesus may love you, but everyone else thinks you're a weirdo.

I've had two in the past, one from Woolworths (with two batteries) and one from Homebase, neither lasted much more than a year, so I bit the bullet and bought a De Walt 18V from Screwfix, but that was £150!

Looking ideally for an 18V for around £20 that will last. My current 12V from Nu Tool will just about wind 3 legs before giving up. Admitedly it is quite old though.

Don't give up on you old drill as it's ideal for caravan use. It's 12v,just undo the screws holding the battery pack togother and dispose of the old cells and solder a long twin core lead and ending with a 12volt plug and plug into the 12v system of your car or caravan and plug the pack back into the drill. This is what I have done and even an almost flat caravan battery will still have enough umph to undo your legs. How many times have you come to use your drill and the batteries flat and you have had to use the manual winder?

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift

I bought a 24v with 1 hour fast charger last week from our local NETTO for £24. 99 :D

Tez ;)

If you don’t mind having ‘older’ battery technology you should be able to find a good 18v drill for less than £55. Screwfix do to a Titan for £53. Argos to a Challenge for £39. I’d always go for one with two batteries though.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

I was fed up with my Ni-Cad battery drill - they never retain their charge for very long and never ready when you most needed it without a couple of hours charge.

So bit the bullet and bought the new Bosch 18v Lithium Battery for about £50 last year. Wonderful!! The lithium battery holds its charge for 3 months.

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

I bought an 18volt kit from Aldi for £50, drill, jigsaw, angle grinder and torch. I wish I'd kept my money, the drill won't wind the caravan legs down at all, it was even struggling to drill wood yesterday, the torch is not much better than a candle, haven't tried the other 2 tools yet but I'm not expecting much of them.

Jim

Ford Mondeo Zetec 140 TDCi pulling 2010 Swift Challenger 540