Sequoia Park, Atlantic Coast

Hi, I've just been reading, with horror, about the northern french campsite Bon Anse. Its all about drunks and chavs and people chucking up. ..etc. etc! We are looking to go to Sequoia Park for 2 weeks in August, then Quatre vents (Paris) to finish off the holiday with a bit of Disney for the kids -ages 10 and 6. Has anyone been to these sites? I'm a real caravan clubber & like it nice/clean/organised and upmarket. We went to Benodet 2 years ago & it was idyllic, but my husband wants a bit hotter weather, hence heading south. Please can anyone help to put my mind at rest. ..

Edited by redbrickbarbies

Hi, I've just been reading, with horror, about the northern french campsite Bon Anse. Its all about drunks and chavs and people chucking up. ..etc. etc! We are looking to go to Sequoia Park for 2 weeks in August, then Quatre vents (Paris) to finish off the holiday with a bit of Disney for the kids -ages 10 and 6. Has anyone been to these sites? I'm a real caravan clubber & like it nice/clean/organised and upmarket. We went to Benodet 2 years ago & it was idyllic, but my husband wants a bit hotter weather, hence heading south. Please can anyone help to put my mind at rest. ..

Try HERE and HERE

Edited by swanseajack

Volvo V70 D3 SE Auto,tugging Bailey Ranger GT60 520/4

Hi,

Great site, BUT we tried to book for August this year in september 2008 and August was fully booked! It is very popular with the french too.

Good luck. also have a look at Ile D'Olleron sites, its good there too, lots of nice beaches with surf, if you have kids, Fort Boyard is there

Kevin

Vauxhall Insignia SRi Nav 160 Auto, 2013 Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Sequoia park is a great site, however there is not very much to do outside the site. You will require the car to go anywhere but beware there is the issue of heavy traffic in july/August.

(Lovely site wrong location.)

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT FORGET to visit Brouage, a small walled town surrounded by salt flats. It was walled many years ago to stop raiders taking their salt and now you can walk around the top of the wall. You can cycle out from the bottom of the site (not the main entrance) and turn left 500yds to the main road then straight across then a safe bike ride of about three miles to the village. Nice shops which sell everything and plenty of places to get a drink.

For something a bit different, out of the site by the same exit and turn right, walk to the village and have a cold beer then try the bakery for some great cakes.

http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Fort_Boyard boat trips to the fort where the game show was filmed.

Have a good hol.

Edited by ROBH

2018 Kia Sorento.            Elddis Capiro 554.

Did you mean La Bien Assise ? We stayed there for a stopover of 1 night, it was in the height of season. There was a few booze cruise types, but don't let that put you off. Many others have been there with no problems at all, and to be fair as a 5'10" 14 st skinhead I didn't have any trouble. If you ever have a problem on a site just see the staff at reception, they will always resolve things. It doesn't matter where you go on holiday there is always the chance of bumping in to some unsavouries. As I have said most people enjoy a stopover at La Bien Assise. I would go again.

Regards
Ian