New Van, First Time Out This Weekend, Great.

Delamere Forest Camping and Caravanning Club Site, what a great site the staff had smiles on their faces and could not do enough for us. The Sprite Major 5 was great, we encountered 2 problems first, one of the battery clips would not snap onto the battery terminal so popped round to Harringtons (discover) where we had the van from and although there service centre was closed a guy opened up the stores and found me one, great service. The weekend was really good, we have found what we can and more importantly can’t take, we were going to try the awning out but did not have much time, so that’s a delight for another weekend. The site was spotless plenty of water taps around the site, beautifully placed and you can walk directly into the forest, the forest café sells a mean breakfast bacon sandwich 4-5 rashers of thick bacon and salad, great to start the day. I would recommend this site without reservation and have booked for 5 weeks time.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Dela mere Forest Camping and Caravanning Club Site, what a great site the staff had smiles on their faces and could not do enough for us. The Sprite Major 5 was great, we encountered 2 problems first, one of the battery clips would not snap onto the battery terminal so popped round to Harringtons (discover) where we had the van from and although there service centre was closed a guy opened up the stores and found me one, great service. The weekend was really good, we have found what we can and more importantly can’t take, we were going to try the awning out but did not have much time, so that’s a delight for another weekend. The site was spotless plenty of water taps around the site, beautifully placed and you can walk directly into the forest, the forest café sells a mean breakfast bacon sandwich 4-5 rashers of thick bacon and salad, great to start the day. I would recommend this site without reservation and have booked for 5 weeks time.

You must be easily pleased :D, most of the members of this forum seem to slag off the C&CC warders as little Hitlers.

In my experience the majority of their sites have staff similar to the ones you found, Very helpfully in providing a choice of pitches and even giving a hand to site the van, and usually a mine of information on activities the local areas.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Must say that the C&CC sites that we have used have had helpful staff - no 'hitleronics' with us.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Glad you enjoyed yourselfs and the site sounds good to me. We have only been out once and dont really have any thing to compare yet but thats part of the adventure. Just been away from the mundane every day life is fine by me and maybe a little sun helps lol.

• 2 weeks later...
You must be easily pleased :D, most of the members of this forum seem to slag off the C&CC warders as little Hitlers.

In my experience the majority of their sites have staff similar to the ones you found, Very helpfully in providing a choice of pitches and even giving a hand to site the van, and usually a mine of information on activities the local areas.

Hi,

I agree, it's quite often obnoxious people who complain about poor Wardens. Maybe a case of reaping what they sow?

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I find wardens are as they are treated.

As for the site at Delamere, no thanks.

I know too well what goes on in that area and no way would i stick my van there.

Each to his own though.

Well you have confused me, the site is emaculate and the gate is closed locked at 11 Oclock. The wardens live on site and they are about all day, I didn't see anything for concern, going back in a couple of weeks liked it so much.

Edited by princejim

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

It will be our first time out this weekend. We live in Nottingham and thinking of Skegness sands. Any comments/advise?

Thank you

Bobby

Hi there. .we are from Nottinghamshire and we are goin over to Skeg this weekend. ..we always stay at Waterleisure park tho. ...

I have been told that Skegness sands is nice. .but we havent actually stayed their ourselves. ..

Hope you have a great weekend. .looks like the weather might be good for a change. ..

Have fun and enjoy the new van. ...

Sal :-)

Disco TD5SE JE Engineering stage 2 (198BHP) & 2008 Freestyle 620 with Isabella Commodore Royal

tn_gallery_1122_263_12085.jpg

Delamere Forest Camping and Caravanning Club Site, what a great site the staff had smiles on their faces and could not do enough for us. The Sprite Major 5 was great, we encountered 2 problems first, one of the battery clips would not snap onto the battery terminal so popped round to Harringtons (discover) where we had the van from and although there service centre was closed a guy opened up the stores and found me one, great service. The weekend was really good, we have found what we can and more importantly can’t take, we were going to try the awning out but did not have much time, so that’s a delight for another weekend. The site was spotless plenty of water taps around the site, beautifully placed and you can walk directly into the forest, the forest café sells a mean breakfast bacon sandwich 4-5 rashers of thick bacon and salad, great to start the day. I would recommend this site without reservation and have booked for 5 weeks time.

Likewise would also recommend the site. The wardens were really friendly and could not do enough. All visitors are taken and guided to their pitch and all the staff in reception are very helpful. I had a problem with the auto engage on my mover and the warden opened up the workshed and provided me with everything I needed.

Have booked again for easter and we will be putting up the full size awning for the first time.

Digital TV reception is on the low side as there are too many trees in the direction of the signal, especially if you are on the west side pitches closest to the forest.

Take your sat dish if you have one.

Will also be going back at the same time as yourself and hope for good weather. Lots more forest walks to complete and may take the bikes too. Taking my two youngest boys so the cafe at Delamere railway station will be getting some business too.

Edited by Pommie5

Roy & Rita

Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 1 with Power Touch 4 wheel mover (February 2012) - Mercedes E320 CDI Avantgarde Auto V6 Estate

Likewise would also recommend the site. The wardens were really friendly and could not do enough. All visitors are taken and guided to their pitch and all the staff in reception are very helpful. I had a problem with the auto engage on my mover and the warden opened up the workshed and provided me with everything I needed.

Have booked again for easter and we will be putting up the full size awning for the first time.

Digital TV reception is on the low side as there are too many trees in the direction of the signal, especially if you are on the west side pitches closest to the forest.

Take your sat dish if you have one.

Will also be going back at the same time as yourself and hope for good weather. Lots more forest walks to complete and may take the bikes too. Taking my two youngest boys so the cafe at Delamere railway station will be getting some business too.

Try the forestry cafe walk past the railway station for about half a mile, this cafe is great value for money. Take the bikes all those trails to explore, we will be there the second week of the holidays, my daughter wants to do the Orienteering course, we tow with a 407sw and have the Sprite Major 5 if you see us say Hi.

Edited by princejim

Kahlil Gibran

Try the forestry cafe walk past the railway station for about half a mile, this cafe is great value for money. Take the bikes all those trails to explore, we will be there the second week of the holidays, my daughter wants to do the Orienteering course, we tow with a 407sw and have the Sprite Major 5 if you see us say Hi.

Hi princejim,

Really glad you enjoyed your time at Delamere. Next time you go you may want to try the Sandstone Trail if you enjoy walking. You can get to it from Burwardsley. Very pleasant walk with a decent pub,The Pheasant,at Burwardsly itself. Ask the wardens for details/directions.

All the best,

Paul