Some Advice Please

MrP

I bought a new Lunar Quasar 525 in the summer of 2007. The following year it had to be returned, through my dealer, to Lunar as there was 30% damp readings in the corner where the children sleep. Lunar were fine about it and replaced the panel and treated the damp, although I was without the use of the caravan betwen April and June. I had the caravan serviced this week and the damp has returned. It now looks like it will have to be sent back to Lunar for further repairs. I believe I have a five year guarantee, although I will check this as it may well be 3 years. Mo matter the caravan is still under guarantee. I have heard nothing but good about Lunar, hence the reason I bought the caravan. So I think I have simply been unlucky. I was wondering though what is my position in terms of consumer rights. I'd be grateful if any members could advise me of this.

Thanking you in advance

Kind regards

I have a 2008 Quasar 525 and sorry to hear about your damp problems. I suggest you contact local Trading Standards for advice I have used them with other non caravan related issues and found them very helpful. Hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction.

Good Luck

Ken

Lunar Quasar 525 & Vauxhall Zafira 1. 9d (150)

I have a 2008 Quasar 525 and sorry to hear about your damp problems. I suggest you contact local Trading Standards for advice I have used them with other non caravan related issues and found them very helpful. Hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction.

Good Luck

Ken

Thanks Ken. I did that and was told that I must allow them to make repairs, which is reasonable. What I should do is get some idea of how many times should I be 'reasonable'. Here's hoping though that this time will fix it once and for all.

MrP

We have the Zenith 5, the poor mans alternative to the Quasar :P We had to have to roof replaced as the van was wringing wet. The dealers were pretty useless, but once Lunar were involved things were resolved. I hope you get things sorted, it isn't much fun when your pride and joy is in a sorry state.

Regards
Ian