Compass Rallye 636

caravanCRAIG

Hi all, I think im in the right place to start, We have just bought a compass rallye 636 2006 model. It had 2 blue gas bottles in the front but when we collected it and got it home there is no bottles there, Can i get two new gas bottle regulaters for propane (red) bottles and just replace the old blue (bupane) regluators?? The van is in storage until we go away in easter and my memory is a little let's say not good.

We bought a swift challenger 1991 model 2 years ago to see if we would enjoy caravaning before we bought a expensive van, But on the old van it had a omnidirectional tv aeriel on it which had the signal booster and did'nt really get a picture and used a outside aaeriel on a pole, I cant remember seeing a tv point on the outside of our rallye ?? does the aeriels that come on newer vans work better or will i need a new stand alone aeriel??

the washing up bowl is also missing from the van and we want a new one,Can anyone reccomend us a good caravan accesory shop in the northwest uk?

Thanks in advance for any replys, Craig.

Hi

Craig

You should have the regulator that will take both butane and propane you will need a pig tail hoses to fit your gas bottle

Make sure the top of the gas locker is sealed to the corners as mice can get in

Get some chicken wire a round the side of the gas locker at the bottom to keep mice out

I have the 2006 482 rallye I think mine was a one off with the top of the gas locker

Have fun with your new caravan

Ken

Hi

Craig

You should have the regulator that will take both butane and propane you will need a pig tail hoses to fit your gas bottle

Make sure the top of the gas locker is sealed to the corners as mice can get in

Get some chicken wire a round the side of the gas locker at the bottom to keep mice out

I have the 2006 482 rallye I think mine was a one off with the top of the gas locker

Have fun with your new caravan

Ken

Thanks Ken, But what are pig tail hoses ? It makes it worse as i need to go to the van every time i think of a question. Our first use should bring more of it together for us.

Thanks Ken, But what are pig tail hoses ? It makes it worse as i need to go to the van every time i think of a question. Our first use should bring more of it together for us.

Firstly, Welcome to the forum. The pigtail is a short peice of high pressure hose attached to a coupler to connect it to the gas bottle. In 2006 van, there should be a metal regulator, mounted in the gas locker. The pigtail comes out of this and goes to the gas bottle.

In 2006 there were alot of duff regulators and many people went back to the bottle mounted regulator. If you can post some pics then we can give you more advice.

So if you definitely have a bulk head regulator (bolted to the gas locker) then you only need a pigtail for the right type of gas bottle you intend to use. These are avaible from most caravan shops at around £7-15.

If you have a modified system with a bottle mounted regulator then you will need to purchase a new regulator for the propane (it will be red in colour) and connect it to the hosing in the caravan gas locker.

Regards

lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Firstly, Welcome to the forum. The pigtail is a short peice of high pressure hose attached to a coupler to connect it to the gas bottle. In 2006 van, there should be a metal regulator, mounted in the gas locker. The pigtail comes out of this and goes to the gas bottle.

In 2006 there were alot of duff regulators and many people went back to the bottle mounted regulator. If you can post some pics then we can give you more advice.

So if you definitely have a bulk head regulator (bolted to the gas locker) then you only need a pigtail for the right type of gas bottle you intend to use. These are avaible from most caravan shops at around £7-15.

If you have a modified system with a bottle mounted regulator then you will need to purchase a new regulator for the propane (it will be red in colour) and connect it to the hosing in the caravan gas locker.

Regards

lee

Thanks for the reply, I will get to the van on saturday to take a look and pics, Does anyone know if the Status 530 is any good or should i be buying a new tv aeriel? If so can anyone tell me if there is a outside socket for the tv aereil or do i have to drape the wire out of the windows? I washed the van last week but dont recall seeing a tv point maybe it was hideing!!

Thanks for the reply, I will get to the van on saturday to take a look and pics, Does anyone know if the Status 530 is any good or should i be buying a new tv aeriel? If so can anyone tell me if there is a outside socket for the tv aereil or do i have to drape the wire out of the windows? I washed the van last week but dont recall seeing a tv point maybe it was hideing!!

the status 530 is the directional one. If it is this one, then it is very good in my van and will pick up free view if the signal is good enough. You will not need an external aerial point for this van unless you go to sites with extremely poor signals that require really high gain aerials mounted much higher than the height of the van

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

Ive just sold my 2007 Rallye 636, i just hated it.

But a nice big roomy van to be fair.

The status aerial should be no problem, in fact ive had 2 used vans and 4 new ones and never had a problem with any of the status aerials getting tv reception. I personally think its just down to wiring being naff, not the units themselves.

As Lee said above regarding the gas is spot on.

As for shops in the Northwest, Discover at Delamere have a half decent shop. Not my favourite dealer, but the shop is ok.

But you would probably be much better buying online, cheaper and easier to source what you want.

If i remember correctly we replaced our washing up bowl with a standard one we found in one of those hardware type shops.

Good luck with the van.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Ok guys, I went back to the van today for another look around it. I found the regulator Lee refers to picture should be included Is this where i need the pig tail? on the end of the existing connector there is a screw thread where the bupane connector is do i replace the whole pig tail or can i buy a screw on connector for a propane bottle?

Next question i want to replace the water filter from the manual ive got it says it's a Truma crystal type on the out side of the van, A screw in cartridge but when we have look on the web for a replacment there is a version 1 and a version 2 how do i tell which one i need?? or is it just a better version but still fits?

Thanks again for your help.

post-29042-1237059862.jpg

Ok guys, I went back to the van today for another look around it. I found the regulator Lee refers to picture should be included Is this where i need the pig tail? on the end of the existing connector there is a screw thread where the bupane connector is do i replace the whole pig tail or can i buy a screw on connector for a propane bottle?

Next question i want to replace the water filter from the manual ive got it says it's a Truma crystal type on the out side of the van, A screw in cartridge but when we have look on the web for a replacment there is a version 1 and a version 2 how do i tell which one i need?? or is it just a better version but still fits?

Thanks again for your help.

If you are going to use propane you will need a new pig tail to fit and

You will need to get a mk 2 carver water filter

your

Ken

Thanks to all for the help, Up to now we have found a good shop near to were we live for bits and bats, J+R Leisure (wigan caravan centre) Very helpful and reasnable priced.

sink bowl . .. sorted

cyrstal filter MK2 sorted

new pig tail for propane (thanks Lee) sorted.

TV aeriel will be tried before we buy a stand alone

Next question is what do we use to sterilize the water system in the van, Containers milton can be used? But van??? what do you use??

From my reckoning we are not far from being ready for the first outing at Easter. :D

Thanks to all for the help, Up to now we have found a good shop near to were we live for bits and bats, J+R Leisure (wigan caravan centre) Very helpful and reasnable priced.

sink bowl . .. sorted

Next question is what do we use to sterilize the water system in the van, Containers milton can be used? But van??? what do you use??

From my reckoning we are not far from being ready for the first outing at Easter. :D

There are various threads on this if you do a search. You can buy an official product from caravan shops to sterilise the water system. Lots of vanners use milton to sterilise the system. This however is not recommended and may corrode the water tank and metal fittings. I do use Milton to sterilse the system - just follow the dilution instructions. I do flush it out thoroughly after the 15min sterilisation is done.

Other vanners dont sterilise the system at all but dont use the taps for drinking from.

regards

Lee

We use `Puriclean` for the water system, you can get it at a caravan/camping accessory shop.

sink bowl . .. sorted

Just DON'T fit your new filter before you sterilise.