What`s A Verandah Bar?!

gwyny

I have just bought a sunncamp scenic plus,but haven`t had a chance of erecting it yet.

As it was a factory second/return,i thought i`d best check every thing was there and there appeared to be an extra pole rather than anything missing!

Further investigation on the web tells me that the extra pole is a verandah bar. Having never heard of or seen one (and on a quick inspection of the awning in my living room-rather awkward) i haven`t seen where it could possibly fit. ...I was wondering whether any of you kind folks could tell me anything about it so i`m more genned up when i finally come to erect it.

Cheers :D

I have just bought a sunncamp scenic plus,but haven`t had a chance of erecting it yet.

As it was a factory second/return,i thought i`d best check every thing was there and there appeared to be an extra pole rather than anything missing!

Further investigation on the web tells me that the extra pole is a verandah bar. Having never heard of or seen one (and on a quick inspection of the awning in my living room-rather awkward) i haven`t seen where it could possibly fit. ...I was wondering whether any of you kind folks could tell me anything about it so i`m more genned up when i finally come to erect it.

Cheers :D

It should fit between a corner pole and either the centre pole or a tab on the canvas nearest the caravan to enable the side or centre panel to be zipped halfway down for ventilation. It's best to draw the curtains first to stop the window panel sticking to the pole. This is how it works on a full awning but I guess it will clip/fix to the canvas along the side on your awning.

Edited by BaileyRangerMan

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

Thanks for that BaileyRangerMan.

I think it`s a strange name for it :blink:

Looking at this link. .............

http://www. sunnflair. com/active_awnings/214-scenic_plus

It looks like the front is the Verandah panel

Bailey Ranger 510/4

Looking at this link. .............

http://www. sunnflair. com/active_awnings/214-scenic_plus

It looks like the front is the Verandah panel

Instruction manual. .............

http://www. sunnflair. com/assets/pages/Tent. ..ning%20V1_c. pdf

Bailey Ranger 510/4

Think of a balcony rail with a sheet laid over it, its like that.

The veranda rail fits for example on both front up rights and the top half of the front is unzipped and laid over that. The results is you can sit in the awning taking breakfast looking over the top and nobody knows you have forgotten your trousers!

Sometimes these poles clip onto the up right at front or at a side, sometimes the awning has little pockets into which the ends fit.

The veranda rail fits for example on both front up rights and the top half of the front is unzipped and laid over that. The results is you can sit in the awning taking breakfast looking over the top and nobody knows you have forgotten your trousers!

Now that`s a useful bit of kit .

So it`s not for draping wispy voiles in order to create an intimate ambience then? :rolleyes:

Seriously-in this case,i think thats what it`s going to be judging by the thickness and the length of the pole.

Thanks for your input everyone

Now that`s a useful bit of kit .

So it`s not for draping wispy voiles in order to create an intimate ambience then? :rolleyes:

Seriously-in this case,i think thats what it`s going to be judging by the thickness and the length of the pole.

Thanks for your input everyone

Its a 2or 3 piece pole that is telecopic with a wing bolt to lock it at the right length

I use them on my porch awnings to help press the awning sides side against the caravan and it makes the whole side firmer

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Its a 2or 3 piece pole that is telecopic with a wing bolt to lock it at the right length

I use them on my porch awnings to help press the awning sides side against the caravan and it makes the whole side firmer

Not in this case apparently,but they sound a great idea do you have a link,so i can look at some? If not is there a name for these poles so i can google them?

Not in this case apparently,but they sound a great idea do you have a link,so i can look at some? If not is there a name for these poles so i can google them?

I see what you mean

I hadn't realised it was the one for the Scenic Plus as I didn't read the original posting

Googling came up with this

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/index. php?showforum=8

:D

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

• 3 weeks later...

Have recently purchased a Scenic Plus as a size upgrade from the smaller Scenic. I was also surprised to find the additional pole in the kit as there is no mention of it in the enclosed instructions (which are different from the link above).

We used it at the weekend for the first time and I could not find any pockets or the like to fit the pole into. So if anyone has one of these and has used the bar as intended, I'd love to know how.

Thanks in advance.

Cruzer, aka Colin

Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional. .. Hyundai Santa Fe & Bailey Pegeant Bretagne.