Help Needed With Bailey Senator 6 Light Fittings

bess

Help needed with Bailey Senator6 Light fittings

Can anyone please help me I wish to try a couple of the new LED spotlight bulbs

But have no idea how to remove the original bulbs in the swivel spotlight fittings

Looks like another trip back to the dealer for advice

unless some one can through a little light on the matter :D

Bess

Title modified - RogerL

Edited by RogerL

Help needed with Bailey Senator7 Light fittings

But have no idea how to remove the original bulbs in the swivel spotlight fittings

Bess

Can you be more specific with your van, the Senator is only on series 6 or do you have a Pageant 7 series?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Woops so sorry got a bit in front of myself it’s the senator 6 Vermont

Right if its the Halogen spots you are changing you have to unscrew the three screw which hold the perspex cover in front of the lamp then the lamps just pull out i believe.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Right if its the Halogen spots you are changing you have to unscrew the three screw which hold the perspex cover in front of the lamp then the lamps just pull out i believe.

Phil.

The bulbs themselves are a very tight fit in the holder - you can't get your fingers round to pull it out. Our dealer told us to use (and gave us) a small rubber sucker to push on the bulb and then pull out.

Helen

Helen

Nissan Terrano lwb & 2008 Series 6 Bailey Senator Wyoming

Bess

Title modified - RogerL

Does anyone have a link to a site that supplies LED Spot Lights for the S6 ( what type are they?). I am also interested in changing mine to LED!

Stamjamaar

Does anyone have a link to a site that supplies LED Spot Lights for the S6 ( what type are they?). I am also interested in changing mine to LED!

Hi, I bought mine off ebay, got a pack of 20 for the cost of 2 in the dealers. We find the original spec G4 halogen lamps fine . Sorry cant remember the site but will check for you and get back to you. Think it is under strictly lamps .

Hope this helps.

Stamjamaar

Kevin

Vauxhall Insignia SRi Nav 160 Auto, 2013 Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

We used these.

http://www. caravanstuff4u. co. uk/caravan_lighting. html

They sell on e bay as well as having their own website. Both the MR11 and the G4 bulbs fit. what we did was buy one of each first to see if we could get away with them. (If I remember rightly, I think it was cheaper to buy from e bay for the individual bulbs to try but cheaper to buy from their website for quantities.)

Helen

Helen

Nissan Terrano lwb & 2008 Series 6 Bailey Senator Wyoming

Bought LED bulbs to replace the halogen spotlights in my Pageant Burgundy from here:

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/Bailey-Caravan-12v-A. ..1QQcmdZViewItem

Very fast delivery, good price and a quality bulb. The light they give off is whiter then the yellowish light you get from a halogen and can feel a bit 'colder' but I prefer it that way. :D

Edited by paulus

Have Bailey - Will Travel

We have managed to get the halogen lamp out of the holder

BUT the two MR11-C LED lamps we bought to try when compared with the halogen MR11-C the pins are slightly thicker

These will not fit in the holders

the LED pins are 1. 5mm

And the pins on the factory fitted halogen are 1mm

Is it just my van or has any one else had this problem

And do you know how to get round it other than fitting a complete new set of spotlights

This seems a bit drastic

Bess

• 1 year later...

Bess

Title modified - RogerL

Hi, if you have not managed it yet, I found the easiest way way to first switch off the 12v electrics and then insert 2 diner knives through the slots in the side of the lamp holder and then prise down and the lamp pops out. Good luck

Edited by 4X4MAN

• 10 years later...

Thank you  4x4man, have just tried your method and it worked a treat, it was difficult to replace the bulb as we had to push it past a type of retaining clip so we used a piece of gorilla tape stuck to the front of the bulb as our fingers kept  getting in the way and pushed if it that way