Anyone Else Had Problems With Abbey Vogue

jmsgas

HI

I'm a newbie to caravaning. we bought a brand new abbey vogue 495 from discover leisure in newport in april 2008 took it out for the first time in june and found a few faults phone the dealer kept getting told that they would phone me back. they never did then the end of august i lost it and end speaking to the manager he got it booked in for the week begin 17th sept 08 he said he would get all the jobs done that didn't need any parts for or if they had parts in stock these jobs would be done and I could colect the van on the friday to have our weekend away. we turned up as we had agreed they hadn't done anything we had to wait and go over the faults with the workshop manager who promised that he would order all the parts and cantact us in 6 to 10 weeks. no contact again phoned the dealer and he said that they had not recieved the part but had tried to contact me to arrange to have the van repaired. still waiting but just want the van exchanged for a different van and i won't be using this dealer again. Has anyone else had same problems

Hi jmgas if you look in 'Caravan Talk > Tourers and Motorhomes > Swift Caravans' and then repost in the Swift Caravans section you will get someone from the factory come on with suggestions - they are excellent and I am sure you will get satisfaction there.

Good Luck

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having jimsgas, and welcome to the forum. I agree with Ted, Swift are excellent at ensuring these sort of problems get sorted out ASAP. I notice that your 'van is coming up to one year old, so just in case you've overlooked the fact, make sure you get it serviced within the recommended window to ensure the warranty is maintained. (From memory, I think you're allowed up to 60 days after the anniversary, but you would need to check this in your service/owners manual).

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having jimsgas, and welcome to the forum. I agree with Ted, Swift are excellent at ensuring these sort of problems get sorted out ASAP. I notice that your 'van is coming up to one year old, so just in case you've overlooked the fact, make sure you get it serviced within the recommended window to ensure the warranty is maintained. (From memory, I think you're allowed up to 60 days after the anniversary, but you would need to check this in your service/owners manual).

Hi have instructed solicitor now and are looking to have the van replaced or a full refund plus cost and out of pocket expences in court the end of the month

Hi have instructed solicitor now and are looking to have the van replaced or a full refund plus cost and out of pocket expences in court the end of the month

It sounds as though the issues are quite serious. Have you contacted Swift at all?