7 Pin Cleaner

hdj

Cleaning the inside of 7 pin sockets? I used to have - til I broke it - a gadget marketed by Eurotech, it looked like a spring wound round a shaft and it was brilliant but alas it is no more

So whats the best way of dealing with this small but important task

I use this, actually, because its a grease, it remains in place better than WD40, I've only had to apply it once. ..Contact Treatment Grease CG52B . ..

http://www. electrolube. com/docs/bcontact. html

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

I use this, actually, because its a grease, it remains in place better than WD40, I've only had to apply it once. ..Contact Treatment Grease CG52B . ..

http://www. electrolube. com/docs/bcontact. html

Mine's covered in Vaseline! (well . ...... silicon grease) :rolleyes:

As are all the connections in the back of both plug & socket, I've even been able to undo them if the need has arisen!!

Edited by Andy B

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

Electrolube is much better than WD40 (parraffin in a spray!) Cheap on e bay if you can not find it. You can get cheaply on e bay di electric grease which is also good on contacts. I would only use wd40 to blast out the gunge then dry off and apply electrolube.

I had problems with my new van last year with the dreaded fridge earth connection overheating. Cleaning, + making sure the male connector is open enough is important and I also replaced the 12S on the car with a nickle plated pin version from www. angloamericanleisure. co. uk only about 50p more than the brass version which corrodes / forms some poor conducting film.

p. s. electrolube on a cotton bud has just worked on my wifes camera, the battery contacts looked ok, but batter life had become low, there must have been some contamination / dust on the contacts.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017