Euro Exchange Rate & Quantitive Easing

Alan J

Hi

I see that the Bank of England are likely to start introducing Qualtitive Easing to the tune of £150 billion. Not sure what this will do for the exchange rate - my gut feeling is it will make it worse :angry:

I have been tracking euro exchange for best time to purchase for my European Tour end of June and see that Crown Currency Exchange have just put Euro exchange to Euro 1. 1625 to the £ for delivery 20 May thru June.

Its a gamble but do not think we are going to see the Euro 1. 50 to pound rate again for a long time if ever <_<

http://www. crowncurrencyexchange. com/index. ..pareTravelMoney

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

quantatative easing - tried by a number of countries - 3 I think in the last 100 years Germany, zimbabawa, and Japan - the sucess rate ain't high - 0% maybe messers Darling and Brown have a cunning plan -I hope so !!!!!!!!!!!

I think you may be right about euro / GBP rate not reaching 1. 5 for a long time - my guess 10 years if then

The rate seems to be fluctating quite a bit as I write down at one point to almost parity

A thought ! If you have money in the bank its worthless . If you want money from the bank its priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I await my council tax bill and utilities bill will they reduce now we have quantatative easing??????????? Council tax rise just announced up by 4. 47%

Cheer up its nearly spring and we can escape all this in our vans - Happy touring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;);)

Edited by bigal

quantatative easing - tried by a number of countries - 3 I think in the last 100 years Germany, zimbabawa, and Japan - the sucess rate ain't high - 0% maybe messers Darling and Brown have a cunning plan -I hope so !!!!!!!!!!!

I think you may be right about euro / GBP rate not reaching 1. 5 for a long time - my guess 10 years if then

The rate seems to be fluctating quite a bit as I write down at one point to almost parity

A thought ! If you have money in the bank its worthless . If you want money from the bank its priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I await my council tax bill and utilities bill will they reduce now we have quantatative easing??????????? Council tax rise just announced up by 4. 47%

Cheer up its nearly spring and we can escape all this in our vans - Happy touring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;);)

reckon their "cunning plan" will be as useful as Baldricks usually were :D still, whats another 150 billion???????

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

If they want to get the economy flowing again, they could cut out the middle man, i. e. the banks, and just send the money direct to me. Don't need billions, a million would suffice

Brian

Guest iancjc

what no one wants to admit is that this will lead to a double dip recession (is that a depression).

As this recession ends we are going to be hit with rising tax, rising inflation and rising interest rates - so we'll have less money to spend which makes a further recession almost inevitable. ....

still at least I've got me wheel barrow ready to take my pounds down the pub to buy a pint. .....

I think Gordon has at least achieved the end of boom and bust. ................... no more booms I reckon.

Edited by iancjc

It appears that Keynesians have the sway throughout the western world. Apparently the only way out of excessive spending and debt is to borrow and spend more. It doesn't ring true to me.

A recession is merely a correction. We've had it too good, borrowed too much and partied for too long. So it's time to draw in our horns and pay for our excesses.

The trouble is the excesses aren't big enough yet for the Government and it's advisors to say "enough is enough".

There are striking similarities between Japan going into recession in 1990, bailing out the banks (several times) and trying to stimulate the economy. Japan was hoping yet again to come out of recession this year - 19 years on.

I think we're at the start of a depression and the more the Government interfere the longer it'll last.

Scales

Guest Surfer

I think inflation in Zimbabwe is now in the billions! Actually they now trade in the US dollar as it is more acceptable than the local curreny plus you do not need a wheelbarrow of notes just to buy a beer! Don't laugh we are heading that way. :angry:

I think inflation in Zimbabwe is now in the billions! Actually they now trade in the US dollar as it is more acceptable than the local curreny plus you do not need a wheelbarrow of notes just to buy a beer! Don't laugh we are heading that way. :angry:

Hi,

We bought our place in France for £10,000, about €14,000.

When we sell, asking €80,000, we have to pay French CGT. Then we have to pay UK CGT on the difference between that paid in France and what should have been paid in UK. Ouch, but its a fact of life.

The French tax will be calculated € against €. And the UK tax will be calculated £ against £, based on exchange rate at the various times. With the £ falling against the €, our taxable profit will be higher in UK than it is in France. I think. ????? Still, I suppose paying tax on a profit is better than not making a profit at all. And the exchange rate means we get more £ for our €s.

what no one wants to admit is that this will lead to a double dip recession (is that a depression).

As this recession ends we are going to be hit with rising tax, rising inflation and rising interest rates - so we'll have less money to spend which makes a further recession almost inevitable. ....

still at least I've got me wheel barrow ready to take my pounds down the pub to buy a pint. .....

I think Gordon has at least achieved the end of boom and bust. ................... no more booms I reckon.

What pub?

Be careful. Before WW2 in the German money problems, which helped the lunatic to come to power, they would tip out the money and steel the wheelbarrow. :o

Edited because my keyboard can't spell -_-

Edited by SuperMike

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Be careful. Before WW2 in the German money problems, which helped the lunatic to come to power, they would tip out the money and steel the wheelbarrow. :o

Edited because my keyboard can't spell -_-

It still can't :P

It still can't :P

Listen you. If I need to be nagged, leave it to my wife she is a professional. :P

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Has anyone used Crown Exchange for there euro's. Just wondered how it worked and how safe it is ??

Hi - I have used Crown for the past 3-4 years for my foreign currency always a good rate if you "forward buy".

I just look at their website for the best forward exchange rate (in this case Euro's which are currently 1. 1625 Euro to £) and when you want them (end May in my case). This is the rate you get regardless of any further currency fluctuations.

I then phone them (can do it online but prefer to talk to someone) they confirm the exchange rate and the date you want the currency delivered to your home (by special Royal Mail service). They will confirm by e-mail within one hour of your agreed contract. You either then just do a on-line bank transfer to their account (the email has all the details) or send them a cheque. You have four days to send them the money by either of these methods

Regards

Alan

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

I believe that the BOE printing more money and putting it in the money supply system is idiotic!

Our currency will be worth less and less.

Surely the Government should be encouraging people to save, not spend, because this is what has gotten us in this mess in the first place.

Properly regulate the Banks and encourage people to save.

'No more boom and bust' my a***!

Yossa

2007 Mondeo 2. 2 TDCi & 2003 Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

Just been to get some Euros from the P. Office. Got 220 euros for £205. 03 = 93. 19p

Rubbish but it might get worse.

£1=1. 07E, so the crown currency website does seem quite generous at the moment.

Has the rate been better that 1. 15E anytime since October or so?

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

Guest John KS
£1=1. 07E, so the crown currency website does seem quite generous at the moment.

Has the rate been better that 1. 15E anytime since October or so?

I don't think so.

Hi - I have used Crown for the past 3-4 years for my foreign currency always a good rate if you "forward buy".

I just look at their website for the best forward exchange rate (in this case Euro's which are currently 1. 1625 Euro to £) and when you want them (end May in my case). This is the rate you get regardless of any further currency fluctuations.

I then phone them (can do it online but prefer to talk to someone) they confirm the exchange rate and the date you want the currency delivered to your home (by special Royal Mail service). They will confirm by e-mail within one hour of your agreed contract. You either then just do a on-line bank transfer to their account (the email has all the details) or send them a cheque. You have four days to send them the money by either of these methods

Regards

Alan

They've come back to me with a rate of £1:1. 41Euro - almost seems to good to be true!

This is to do with the length of time before we need them apparently - the longer before you need them, the better the rate, but I still have reservations becuase I assume I'd have to part with cash now and not see any currency until just before I travel.

Anyone else used Crown Currency Exchange?

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

They've come back to me with a rate of £1:1. 41Euro - almost seems to good to be true!

This is to do with the length of time before we need them apparently - the longer before you need them, the better the rate, but I still have reservations becuase I assume I'd have to part with cash now and not see any currency until just before I travel.

Anyone else used Crown Currency Exchange?

Seen against what I have just been quoted on £500 by First Choice (1: 1. 061) that is a phenomenal rate of exchange. You will have to pay as soon as you order.

They obviously make up the shortfalll by the inerest on your money but. ..

. .. how far ahead of your proposed travel date are they looking for that rate?

what it boils down to is that if you have "Gilts" or government bonds -- [the "safe" part of most people cash funds] then they are going to buy them back from you -- no questions -- they are doing it -- and giving you £ notes - which they have just printed -- so that will -- they think suddenly put a lot of cash money into the picture. ..

OK for the big people -- but the smaller investor with just these as part of their pension funds -- it might be disastrous -- I don't want to be given suddenly £XXX amount of cash. ..I cant AFFORD to spend it at my time of life. . it is pension. .

I wanted security of government bonds etc. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

what it boils down to is that if you have "Gilts" or government bonds -- [the "safe" part of most people cash funds] then they are going to buy them back from you -- no questions -- they are doing it -- and giving you £ notes - which they have just printed -- so that will -- they think suddenly put a lot of cash money into the picture. ..

OK for the big people -- but the smaller investor with just these as part of their pension funds -- it might be disastrous -- I don't want to be given suddenly £XXX amount of cash. ..I cant AFFORD to spend it at my time of life. . it is pension. .

I wanted security of government bonds etc. .

Maurice

I was reading in the paper today that Financial Institutions and Pension funds have not sold any of the 2billion pounds worth of bonds that the treasury have purchased with their printed money. That leads to the conclusion that they were all sold by overseas investors, who have put the money in their pockets and took it abroad.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz