Oriental Cars In South Wales. Warning

Hi,

Nearly a year ago, my wife bought a KIA. A dealer about 30 miles away offered the best deal. Its coming up for its first service. Several weeks ago, she asked the nearest KIA dealer for a price. £135.

On Monday she phoned the dealer she bought the car from, asked for a price for the service.

"£155".

"Ah! My nearest dealer has quoted me £135."

"Do you mean ******** in ********?"

"Yes".

"They went into liquidatin a couple of weeks ago".

I have avoided naming names, as we have not confirmed this. But if you live in South Wales, and have recently bought a KIA, or other Korean, or even Japanese car, you might like to check.

Guest iancjc

At least with cars you can go to any dealer without any issues. ..

not surprising they are going bust when a main dealer quotes £135 for a service and people are still looking for a better price. ..... :D

(although I've just done much the same : 10,000 mile service on our landcruiser quoted at £146 inc vat :D first time I've ever asked for a price before booking a car in) - I'm waiting for the car as well - just in case the receivers walk in while my cars in the dealers care. ....

Edited by iancjc

not surprising they are going bust when a main dealer quotes £135 for a service and people are still looking for a better price. ..... :D

(although I've just done much the same : 10,000 mile service on our landcruiser quoted at £146 inc vat :D first time I've ever asked for a price before booking a car in) - I'm waiting for the car as well - just in case the receivers walk in while my cars in the dealers care. ....

Hi Ian,

It doesn't matter what they quote, always give a "plumber's hiss". I mean. if you exclaim "Golly Gosh, that's cheap", they might be inclined to quote more next time.

When I worked at a main dealer, the Receptionist would always advise us how the customer reacted to the last bill. We were expected to fit new parts accordingly.

And make sure the courtesy car is worth more than the one you are having serviced. That way, if the Receiver pays a visit. ......... :rolleyes:

Hi again.

The dealer who quoted £135 couldn't offer us an acceptable deal when we were looking to buy. We didn't like the salesman anyway.

The place we did buy from offered No Deposit. % finance over 5 years, so we could leave the money in our bank, "off-setting" our small mortgage. We had nothing to trade in, and didn't ask for a discount. We have no adverse comments about the car, apart from the small petrol tank. But we see that they are doing the same deal for the new version (£35 tax) and at lowerr repayments. Hmmmm!

That dealer told us they wre selling 1500 cars a year. ....and we had to queue for a desk to sign the papers on.

Hello 602

Coincidentally I had my Sorento serviced on Tuesday at the "dealers" where I have been for the last 3 years. Cannot fault them. But . .... their headed notepaper/invoice/book stamp, have now been downgraded to "Blah blah Auto Repairs" - not "Blah blah Kia" as it was previously. I didn't notice this until I got home but I did wonder if I should have been told.

Do you think this could be the same one? Could you let me know via a PM please?

Hi,

Nearly a year ago, my wife bought a KIA. A dealer about 30 miles away offered the best deal. Its coming up for its first service. Several weeks ago, she asked the nearest KIA dealer for a price. £135.

On Monday she phoned the dealer she bought the car from, asked for a price for the service.

"£155".

"Ah! My nearest dealer has quoted me £135."

"Do you mean ******** in ********?"

"Yes".

"They went into liquidatin a couple of weeks ago".

I have avoided naming names, as we have not confirmed this. But if you live in South Wales, and have recently bought a KIA, or other Korean, or even Japanese car, you might like to check.

Stadium Motors shut down about a fortnight ago

Volvo V70 D3 SE Auto,tugging Bailey Ranger GT60 520/4

Stadium Motors shut down about a fortnight ago

Hi X-bob,

So names have been named, no need for a PM. I assume Swanseajacks mail is confirmation of what we had been told.

We bought from Gravells in Kidwelly, but they have opened a service centre in Forestfach. They also deal in Renaults.

My first service on my Reanult Master was a shade £200. Wont be going back to the main dealer again.

Regards
Ian

Hi X-bob,

So names have been named, no need for a PM. I assume Swanseajacks mail is confirmation of what we had been told.

We bought from Gravells in Kidwelly, but they have opened a service centre in Forestfach. They also deal in Renaults.

Thanks anyway 602!

My warranty runs out in 2 weeks anyway, but I'm thinking if I had a year or two to go, I would have liked to be informed of this fact BEFORE I decided to have the car serviced with them.

I still think they did a good job, and I saw all the same staff there too.