Wurmi Pegs

I've used the Wurmi pegs. Good in soft ground and hold well. Not so sure about the strength of the nylon swivel hooks as they can open up when stressed. Using the appropriate adaptor from Wurmi they can be inserted and removed quickly using a cordless power drill or you can use the hand held tee-bar.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I'm very impressed with mine, Ive got both types for the 'rubber ladders' and for securing the mud flaps. it takes me 10 minutes to put them in with the electric drill as opposed too up to an hour with a hammer and metal pegs.

I've used the Wurmi pegs. Good in soft ground and hold well. Not so sure about the strength of the nylon swivel hooks as they can open up when stressed. Using the appropriate adaptor from Wurmi they can be inserted and removed quickly using a cordless power drill or you can use the hand held tee-bar.

Gordon.

13872[/snapback]

Hi Gordon,

I have ordered the pegs !!!!

I mentioned to the guy taking the order about the nylon swivel hooks opening under stress, he said this was a design to save putting too much strain on the canvas and ripping it. Guess it makes sense!!!

He also said if you have difficulty on hard standings, to drill a 8mm hole with a masonry bit as a pilot hole to take the pegs.

I don't know if you've ordered the triangular groundsheet clamps too. They also work very well.

I mentioned to the guy taking the order about the nylon swivel hooks opening under stress, he said this was a design to save putting too much strain on the canvas and ripping it.
In a word, tosh! IMO it's just a poor design feature. Interesting to note that the ones sold to the military are supplied without the nylon "S" hook. Instead either a large "penny washer" is used, under which the rubber loops are fitted, or a pear-shaped tag is used to provide an alternative hook.
He also said if you have difficulty on hard standings, to drill a 8mm hole with a masonry bit as a pilot hole to take the pegs.

14098[/snapback]

I'm sure that any campsite owner with concrete hard standing is going to love that!

ATB,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I'm sure that any campsite owner with concrete hard standing is going to love that!

14213[/snapback]

If it is concrete he will probably laugh at your attempt!

Got 'em. Good service or wot !!!!!

14298[/snapback]

Yep! They were pretty quick when I ordered mine a couple of years back. Not cheap, but a viable alternative to the knock-in pegs under the right conditions.

All the best,

Gordon.

• 3 weeks later...

I would maybe interested in the W16 pole holder ones used for windbreaks. Has any one used that type of peg and how does it work as the picture is not too clear. We are thinking of buying the W3 package which includes the adaptor, but are only considering the poleholder at £4. 45 as we would need 12 of them. As I suffer from arthritis they will be a real boon and easier than trying to hammer in the poles into hard ground.

I would maybe interested in the W16 pole holder ones used for windbreaks.   Has any one used that type of peg and how does it work as the picture is not too clear.   We are thinking of buying the W3 package which includes the adaptor, but are only considering the poleholder at £4. 45 as we would need 12 of them.   As I suffer from arthritis they will be a real boon and easier than trying to hammer in the poles into hard ground.

17179[/snapback]

The poleholders are intended to hold a windbreak pole or patio brolly. The unit has two hinge-up handles that form a tee-bar for screwing it into the ground. The holders are hollow so once in the ground the windbreak pole is just inserted into the top and the handles pushed back to the main body.

Gordon.

Can you use the standard wurmi pegs on the stone chippings hardstandings often found at CC sites ?

I read the trail above, but not sure if anyone has actually tried it in practice ? Does the trick with the masonry bit guide hole really work ?

Many Thanks

Sarah

The poleholders are intended to hold a windbreak pole or patio brolly. The unit has two hinge-up handles that form a tee-bar for screwing it into the ground. The holders are hollow so once in the ground the windbreak pole is just inserted into the top and the handles pushed back to the main body.

Gordon.

17246[/snapback]

I think you are refering to the polefix and not the pole holders. It is the pole holders I am interested in.

Used the Wurmi Pegs this weekend with our recently bought CaravanStore Zip, they are brills !!!

So easy to put in under the caravan etc. The site was slightly uneven so the fixings were close to the ground; easy peesy, put peg in hole of fixing 'ladder' and screw it in. Pleasantly surprised how well they held, in quite soft ground!!

Can you use the standard wurmi pegs on the stone chippings hardstandings often found at CC sites ?

Works a treat for us - unless the chipping bed is really deep or has big hardcore beneath it; then the Wurmi 'wanders' for a bit before biting, but has always managed to bite so-far

The chipping bed has defeated the smaller Wurmi's which we use for the mud flaps tho'

ATB

Moose