Another Al-ko Octagon Shockers Problem?

princejim

Want to fit Al-ko shocks to my Sprite Major 5 1,335kg max weight, the blue are up to 1300 and the red from 1300- 1800, I am presuming red are the one to go for. But would these be to hard as they go up to 1800 and the van is only 35kg over the blue?

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Want to fit Al-ko shocks to my Sprite Major 5 1,335kg max weight, the blue are up to 1300 and the red from 1300- 1800, I am presuming red are the one to go for. But would these be to hard as they go up to 1800 and the van is only 35kg over the blue?

I would go for the red as specified

Its damping the rubber suspension

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

My 'Van is about 1380kg, and when I contacted Alko, they said to fit the Red.

Carl

2010 Ford S-Max 2. 0Tdci (Manual) tugging 2016 Swift Ace Courier

Go for the Red.

My 1250kg caravan is on Blues - compared to none at all, they're good but I wish I'd ignored the rules and bought Reds.

Cars would run on much stiffer dampers, but for the effect on passenger comfort - since caravans don't carry passengers, it makes sense to go as stiff as practical.

Surely, if damper settings for cars, which have a much longer spring, are based on passenger comfort why would it be any different for caravans? Alko will have tested different damper rates with different weight caravans, so I’d go for what they recommend. As Roger says, any damper will probably be better than none though.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!