New Sprite Major 5, Help

princejim

Took delivery last week of my Sprite, started to put things in the van ready for the maden trip this week end. First problem, when connecting up the battery I find that the negative clamp is to large to stay on the battery? Is there some way in which I can get a better fit or do I need a new connector?

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Seems a bit strange. .I just put the leisure battery into my Major 5 and both clamps fitted perfectly without any problem. .Wonder if anybodyelse has got any ideas

Cheers

Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

There are different sizes of battery post/clamp.

I've just had the problem the other way, a new battery has posts too large for my clamps - but being tapered, I've been able to clamp it further up.

The negative and positive spring clamps are different sizes

Could you have the wrong one?

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

The negative and positive spring clamps are different sizes

Could you have the wrong one?

Well they are the new kind one is red the other black? I don't know.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Well they are the new kind one is red the other black? I don't know.

They shoul d be Ok then

I saw someone at our local dealer replacing the battery on an ATC /mover demonstratorand she had got the -ve trminal and +ve mixed up and one was smaller than the other so luckily wouldn't fit

Mine are red and blue

http://www. towsure. com/product/2451-Quick_. .._Battery_Clamps

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

They shoul d be Ok then

I saw someone at our local dealer replacing the battery on an ATC /mover demonstratorand she had got the -ve trminal and +ve mixed up and one was smaller than the other so luckily wouldn't fit

Mine are red and blue

http://www. towsure. com/product/2451-Quick_. .._Battery_Clamps

Sorted obtained a new clamp from Harringtons, they were great although the service staff do not work on the weekends a kind man got one from the stores for me, job done.

Kahlil Gibran