Cadac Bqs

pandas

During our last trip last week we could not resist a trip to NEC caravan show as we were "Just down the road at Bridgnorth", As our new Compass has an external BBQ point we treated ourselves to a new Cadac eazi chef BBQ from Riversway at £59 which I thought was a good price.

Reading the instructions, the recommended length of piping from the van to the BBQ is no more than 1. 5 metres, which I feel is a bit close to the van. Does anyone else use a longer pipe and is there a disadvantage? Also, I presume I need to buy an attachment to connect a special attachment at the supply end to the caravan?

We use a piece of pipe that is around 2 meters, and its more than enough for our purposes. As to the connecter, there was one supplied with the van. I found one on ebay that looks similar to ours Gas Connector

Alec

Edited by macSpot

Alec

Car & Caravan

the reason for a short hose is due to the trip hazard.

caravan accessory shops will not sell lengths over 2M for the same reason I believe, I use a 3M length to get the bbq away from the van and awning, it also allows some manouverability if you need to adjust for wind etc.

I use a 4. 5 mtr hose, We have a awning that is 2. 5 mtr wide.

we then connect the gas hose to the van, And then run the pipe along the peg

line of the awning, This then allows the bbq to be 2 mtr away from the awning.

The gas connector came with the van.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

We use a Cadac with 3 metres of pipe no problems - great BBQ.

As we don't grill inside the van because of the smell, what we have bought recently which is a bit easier to clean when just doing say bacon/sausage for breakfast is a 'George Forman Grill'.

Brilliant, no flareups and can be used in an awning or outside when not raining.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

I use a 4. 5 mtr hose, We have a awning that is 2. 5 mtr wide.

we then connect the gas hose to the van, And then run the pipe along the peg

line of the awning, This then allows the bbq to be 2 mtr away from the awning.

The gas connector came with the van.

I use a similar length of hose for our gas hob & for the same reason as you :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I guess there's some legislation out there somewhere about the length of the hose. I use one around 3m with no problem but in these credit crunch days - cry when I lose the gas that isn't used in the hose when I remove it! Only joking of course! :D

650-6 Argente (with appropriate cracks)

Toyota Prado (Landcruiser import)

5 kids, wife, cats & dogs in tow

Hi - I also have the full Cadac which is superb for breakfast & chinease stir fry in the skottle.

If you go to this Camping Direct web site - http://campingdirect. co. uk under LPG Fittings/Spares you can order high quality 8MM reinforces gas hose by the metre (I use 3mtrs on my Cadac but you can order whatever length you want).

Also well worth fitting is one of the 8mm in-line quick release connectors - I have about a foot of hose on the Cadac and then the quick connector this means you can separate the BBQ from the rest of the hose (much easier to store etc). The Caravan end has an 8mm LPG Plug-in connector to the Caravan external point.

You will see all of these on the same web page. They were having a bit of trouble a couple of weeks back with their web site placing of orders so I just phoned him and it was in the post that day.

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D