Cl/cs Type Sites In France & Spain

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a web site (or publication) which has these types of sites in Europe?

Do not really want to stay on big commercial sites all the time and would be nice to just stay "in a field" with minimum facilities for a week or so whilst touring around for 3 months or in Spain for Winter Sun.

Sun, BBQ, Wine, relaxing chair and good book (with the odd trip out in between) would be my idea of a relaxing hols!

Or am I just dreaming B)

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

This might be helpful. ...

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Or this camping France. Select the department then choose camping a la ferme from the drop down. Or buy the guide Federation Francaise de Camping & Caravaning online or from any bookshop/hypermarket in France. Claims to have every campsite in France listed.

The Michelin camping guide is good shows lots of sites. France is so different to here you can drive along look for camping signs and just stay where you want most of the time. The only area we have had problems over the years is in the Alps. Places like Brittany have been empty for the last few years. There is generally over capacity in France for camping and caravaning.

The Michelin camping guide is good shows lots of sites. France is so different to here you can drive along look for camping signs and just stay where you want most of the time. The only area we have had problems over the years is in the Alps. Places like Brittany have been empty for the last few years. There is generally over capacity in France for camping and caravaning.

The Michelin Camping Guide is not as good as it used to be, much more difficult to use and it only has a selection of French sites so I stopped using it several years ago. For the same price the FFCC guide has ALL the French sites and, despite being in French, is easy to use. Then there is ACSI, Camping Cheques and Vacancesoleil for which you need seperate guides for their sites. The one I do avoid is the CC continental guide, I do like to be among the natives when abroad. But each to his own, otherwise it wouldn't be so much fun.

Edited by beejay

The Michelin Camping Guide is not as good as it used to be, much more difficult to use and it only has a selection of French sites so I stopped using it several years ago. For the same price the FFCC guide has ALL the French sites and, despite being in French, is easy to use. Then there is ACSI, Camping Cheques and Vacancesoleil for which you need seperate guides for their sites. The one I do avoid is the CC continental guide, I do like to be among the natives when abroad. But each to his own, otherwise it wouldn't be so much fun.

Yes . .. the book used to cross reference to the Michelin atlas. You could see a camp site on the map and then look it up in the book. My new Michelin atlas 2008 doesnt have the sites on anymore. I will get the FFCC book and see what you mean.

Thanks