New Discounts With Caravan Club Insurance

Big Tim

As from 1 March 2009 the Caravan Club insurance has just introduced discounts for having, and using, the Alko-Secure wheel lock and having ATC fitted. I have just phoned up and received a combined discount of £20+ for the remaining 3 months of my policy. Every little helps. (LOL)

NB I was kept on phone hold for a long time (phoned at 3. 5pm today) so could be a bit expensive on phone bill, but I have a "free" calls package.

Tim

Kia Sorento Titan TDI (07) & Bailey Senator Arizona (06-5 Series)with Alko ATC, Powrtouch HD motor mover and Alko shocks

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the information. It's good that the two devices have been recognised as being good at what they do,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

As from 1 March 2009 the Caravan Club insurance has just introduced discounts for having, and using, the Alko-Secure wheel lock and having ATC fitted. I have just phoned up and received a combined discount of £20+ for the remaining 3 months of my policy. Every little helps. (LOL)

NB I was kept on phone hold for a long time (phoned at 3. 5pm today) so could be a bit expensive on phone bill, but I have a "free" calls package.

Tim

Tim

I only have the Alko Secure. Do you know if this qualifies for any discount or do you have to have both ?

Bill

As from 1 March 2009 the Caravan Club insurance has just introduced discounts for having, . ......ATC fitted. . ......

It wouldn't have surprised me if they increased the premiums to reflect the increased cost of replacement/repair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know that years ago, some companies loaded Astras with ABS because the cost of a crash on a certain corner of the car was used as a basis of the premium. The ABS modulator was on that corner, so would have cost more to repair. :huh: :huh:

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

Reply to Big Billy

I was told that I was eligible for TWO discounts so I assume that you are eligible for one!? Give it a try.

Tim

Kia Sorento Titan TDI (07) & Bailey Senator Arizona (06-5 Series)with Alko ATC, Powrtouch HD motor mover and Alko shocks

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ Mar 3 2009, 03:57 PM) 235492[/snapback]
It wouldn't have surprised me if they increased the premiums to reflect the increased cost of replacement/repair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know that years ago, some companies loaded Astras with ABS because the cost of a crash on a certain corner of the car was used as a basis of the premium. The ABS modulator was on that corner, so would have cost more to repair. :huh: :huh:

Nothing to do with the fact that before ABS became compulsory, it was only fitted as standard to top-end Astras which had higher performance and/or more expensive equipment levels.

From the CC website :-

No claims discount up to 30%

10% discount for corner-steady or tilt alarm*

10% discount for an approved tracking device*

5% discount for completing a Club caravanning course

5% discount for storage at a CaSSOA Gold site or Club secure storage

10% discount for an AL-KO Secure Wheel Lock*

10% discount for an Al-KO ATC trailer control system

Discounts for choosing a voluntary excess

Bill

. ...

Nothing to do with the fact that before ABS became compulsory, it was only fitted as standard to top-end Astras which had higher performance and/or more expensive equipment levels.

If you say so . ........ :rolleyes:

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

Oh i'm gonna 'phone them then as we have ATC.

Insurance paid till September so presume i'll get cash back.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Remember of course that if you obtain the discounts you then are obliged to use the products all the time. In the case of the Alko wheel lock that could be a real pain.

Hi all

I have just had my CC renewal and get a number of the discounts (Alarm, Tracker, NCD, Practical Caravan Course and voluntary excess) but when I checked I noticed that the first discount is applied to the basic premium and thereafter each discount is applied to the NET premium after the previous discount has been applied, so by the time it comes to the last discount you are getting nowhere near the percentage quoted. This is not clear in the documentation (what is in the documentation is bold percentages detailing the discounts) so I phoned the CC to be told that this is just how they do it and every insurer does this. Well I am not sure about this and will probably remain with the CC but I have a few weeks before I need to pay so I will be assessing my options.

Cheers

RichardC

RichardC

Coachman Laser 645/4, Jeep Commander or Jeep Cherokee

Hi all

I have just had my CC renewal and get a number of the discounts (Alarm, Tracker, NCD, Practical Caravan Course and voluntary excess) but when I checked I noticed that the first discount is applied to the basic premium and thereafter each discount is applied to the NET premium after the previous discount has been applied, so by the time it comes to the last discount you are getting nowhere near the percentage quoted. This is not clear in the documentation (what is in the documentation is bold percentages detailing the discounts) so I phoned the CC to be told that this is just how they do it and every insurer does this. Well I am not sure about this and will probably remain with the CC but I have a few weeks before I need to pay so I will be assessing my options.

Cheers

RichardC

Standard practice in Insurance. Otherwise, with all the options, there would be an 80% discount instead of 58. 55%

Hi Beejay

Exactly if you add up the discounts that's what I would expect to receive as a total discount from the basic premium unless it is clear in the documentation, which in this case it is not.

It may be standard practice in insurance but I have never seen this before (of course it could be because other insurance companies "hide" this).

RichardC

Coachman Laser 645/4, Jeep Commander or Jeep Cherokee

General insurance has been regulated by the FSA for some a few years now. The FSA are very hot on treating customers fairly TCF and this is all about clarity so I wonder whether they might have an interest in tis practice because it does not seem to fit within the spirit of TCF. If you disagree within it as an approach make a regulated complaint for breach of TCF the company cannot ignore this and even if you don't get a satifactory reply it will get reported within their stats to the FSA as a minimum. So the management will listen as it effects there relationship with the regulator.

Edited by Fenester

Phoned them today and am getting £16 odd back for having ATC.

Nice one!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

I also phoned the cc for a quote on insurance and was offered the same discounts for the al-ko wheel locks and tracker and alarm, however they were only issued on the understanding that they were to be used at all time even when the van is in storage at a casso storage facility! How many storage facilities are going to park up your van, put the wheel locks on and arm the tracker and alarm. ...not many I would suggest. They would also have to keep your alarm fob and wheel lock keys in a safe place until you collect your van.

Yet another insurance company offering discounts but with unworkable clauses if you store your van elsewhere than your drive you will never be able to claim them. (Only a 5% discount if you use a casso gold storage facility)

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

Phoned them today and am getting £16 odd back for having ATC.

Nice one!

I also rang today and am getting £44 back for alko wheel lock and atc. .. ;)

Neil. .

Ford Mondeo Titanium x Auto Estate / Bailey Pagent burgundy series 7

The C & CC insurance also gives discounts for Alko wheel clamp etc

Insurance on my Ace Award via C and CC ins with contents etc £16000 cost £232 today and I had a claim 6 months ago

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

I have contacted the Caravan Club to see if they do a discount on the BPW IDC system, which at the end of the day does what the Alko ATC system does, to which they replied no.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

Tim

Tim

Thanks for raising !

I hope the CC get a new switchboard connected to their new computer system - it's a nightmare to get though. Perhaps it's your fault !!!

I did get £25, for the remaining period of the policy, refund for my Al-Ko Secure wheel lock but unfortunately don't have an ATC fitted.

Bill

Hi,

I have received the princely sum of £2. 15 discount! It won't even buy a pint :D . I thought my renewal was in September but have found that it's the end of March, still it's better in my pocket than theirs so thanks to the OP,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Mmmmh I wonder if CC have already included this discount in caravans that have ATC fitted as standard, or will we have to request the discount as an extra option? I'm thinking of my new Bailey Series 7.

Mmmmh I wonder if CC have already included this discount in caravans that have ATC fitted as standard, or will we have to request the discount as an extra option? I'm thinking of my new Bailey Series 7.

Hi,

It was exlained to me that it's an extra 10% discount, which is claimable, as with the various other discounts,

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by ian dunning