Indiana Rear Light Problem

WJG

Hello.

Can anyone cast some light on this.

Rear indicator does not work although the warning relay, ie the beeping, is still sounding that all is well.

Replaced the bulb which I know is OK but still no light. When you remove the bulb the beeping stops indicating a

problem which is correct.

Anyone had this problem?

First of all check the earths to the light itself, (plus all the contacts in the bulb holder) then the earths in the plug on the van & the socket on the car, not forgetting to check the earth point on the car from the socket to the car & dont forget to recheck the bulb for the correct voltage & wattage (its not uncommon to find a 24V 5wat bulb passed off as a 12v 21wat

GeorgeB Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

When I said I was normal. .....maybe I exaggerated somewhat!

Skoda Superb MK3 190ps DSG 4X4 estate closely followed by a Swift Challenger 580 Alde

First of all check the earths to the light itself, (plus all the contacts in the bulb holder) then the earths in the plug on the van & the socket on the car, not forgetting to check the earth point on the car from the socket to the car & dont forget to recheck the bulb for the correct voltage & wattage (its not uncommon to find a 24V 5wat bulb passed off as a 12v 21wat

Thanks for your reply.

Hooked another Tow car to VAN. and all was well.

Wheeling my car into a Towbar fitter today.

Thanks

Bill

That didn't take long,it turned out that the buzzer was on its way out.

Ten quid and a new buzzer and all is well.

Regards