All,

Does anybody know of a fast boil electric kettle that doesn't draw 3kw of power?

With Kids I can't sit around all day waiting for my brew but I can't find a quick boil option that will happly run with my 16amps

Cheers

Blue

I don't think it's possible, fast boil = lots of power. You could always put a cup of water in the microwave.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Any 3kw kettle will work with 16 amps BUT not very often that EHU gives that much power. We use a low amp kettle (800 watts) and even that trips out the EHU on some sites.

As was said speed equals high power equals high amperage!

Try a good gas stove kettle - can be a lot quicker!

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

All,

Does anybody know of a fast boil electric kettle that doesn't draw 3kw of power?

With Kids I can't sit around all day waiting for my brew but I can't find a quick boil option that will happly run with my 16amps

Cheers

Blue

Do you mean will not run with other equipment as 3Kw draws 13 amps? Most caravans have MCBs rated at 10 amps so a 3Kw kettle would trip it.

We can only run the kettle on hook up with nothing else. So we bought 800w jobbie, not very quick, but quick enough.

Regards
Ian

We can only run the kettle on hook up with nothing else. So we bought 800w jobbie, not very quick, but quick enough.

I bought one asda's own budget Kettle. I think it cost £4 and is rated at 2000w ( about 8. 5A) and is reasonably quick. It doesn't trip on it's own even with lights and lcd TV on.

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift

I bought one asda's own budget Kettle. I think it cost £4 and is rated at 2000w ( about 8. 5A) and is reasonably quick. It doesn't trip on it's own even with lights and lcd TV on.

Might have a look at one of them. I Think Beejay is correct about the trip switch in our van, I think that is rated at 10 amps. The low wattage kettle is really handy in France where the hook ups are usually around 6 amps. And I do like a brew first thing in the morning.

Regards
Ian

Hi,

We use a household kettle with no problems, just be sure of the rating of the EHU (the CC are not all 16A) and turn off other high usage items accordingly when boiling water,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I gave up on the electric kettles - just use a gas one now!

Quick boils every time!

We're the same,

& if I want a quicker brew I've always the bottle opener handy :lol:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

we've got a nice neat Breville (from Debenhams or John Lewis and I think I've seen it in Comet - £19. 99) 1800watts = about 8 amps. Fairly quick and a better size for the van than a full size one (unless you are catering for a football team)

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

we've got a nice neat Breville (from Debenhams or John Lewis and I think I've seen it in Comet - £19. 99) 1800watts = about 8 amps. Fairly quick and a better size for the van than a full size one (unless you are catering for a football team)

have a shufti at this, they also do a 1500watt plastic one about 6. 25amps for only £16. 45, both of them are cordless (ie they lift off the powerbase, not that they are battery powered)

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

have a shufti at this, they also do a 1500watt plastic one about 6. 25amps for only £16. 45, both of them are cordless (ie they lift off the powerbase, not that they are battery powered)

sorry gorgot the link

http://www. johnlewis. com/230473471/Product. aspx

We have a cheap mains kitchen kettle from Wilkos which we use on CC sites, don't know thw wattage as it's in storage at the moment but it boils pretty quick. ..also a low wattage one for low amps EHUs. ..and a gas kettle for emergency use, ie. no EHU!

PS. We also have a cheap mains pop-up toaster from Wilkos for use with 16amp EHUs & it's much quicker than the gas grill on the oven. ..doesn't work in France though where their amps are usually 6 & sometimes 10 if you pay a few Euros extra.

Formally 'MagentaMan'... with Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 5 seat Auto 2011/Lunar 530 2013 with mover.

If its just one cuppa at a time that your after you can get a super fast water boiler (3 seconds per cup) called Tefal Quick Cup. It cost about £50 which is a bit steep. I haven't found out how much power they draw yet.

Just found out it's 2. 8KW.

Edited by sean c

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

We have now tried a high wattage, domestic kettle, which invariably tripped the system in France, where 6A is the norm, then a low wattage model which was irritatingly slow. Our 12V experiment was a long laugh at snail's pace.

On advice, we bought a 1000W model at a caravan show. Cost was about a tenner. It is a good compromise and - above all - has an automatic cut out at boiling point.

Kettles of less than 1K power do not usually have this facility.

Ours has lasted two very hard seasons of continual use over periods of 5 months.

Guest John KS

We have got a Brita filter kettle we have had for a long time. Boils quicker than the one at home.

Think it is 3 kw and it has never blown the EHU in this country.

If its just one cuppa at a time that your after you can get a super fast water boiler (3 seconds per cup) called Tefal Quick Cup. It cost about £50 which is a bit steep. I haven't found out how much power they draw yet.

Just found out it's 2. 8KW.

As already stated. .... power = speed ;)