Awning Quandry

Adi

We presently have an awning that now doesn`t really fit our new van so we are looking round at our options.

The awning we have is an Apache of seemingly very good quality so to try and match it is our goal.

If honest I have looked at many and then I saw an Isabella Ambassador and it was very nice not to mention pricey.

My question is what do you guys and girls think of Isabella and awning makes in general.

Guest Rimmer
We presently have an awning that now doesn`t really fit our new van so we are looking round at our options.

The awning we have is an Apache of seemingly very good quality so to try and match it is our goal.

If honest I have looked at many and then I saw an Isabella Ambassador and it was very nice not to mention pricey.

My question is what do you guys and girls think of Isabella and awning makes in general.

I have sent PM!

Firstly the awning you have, if it is just a small amount to large or too small there are a number of awning repairers out there who for about £100 will alter the awning so that it fits your van. If it is much too big then there is little that can be done other than replace it. If it is much too small then a possibility is to buy a kit of parts to convert it into a large porch awning, (even if it needs some alterations as well to make it small enough for the front to fall behind the front side windows ), almost any dealer will help you with this.

Isabella awnings are the bees knees, I have over the years had several makes of awnings and the ones which stand out as well fitting and almost indestructable have been the Isabella ones, the fabrics they use are superb and the way they finish things off makes them much more servicable. In 1994 I bought a secondhand Isabella Combi porch and I used it ( something like 80 nights a year summer and winter over 8 years ) and at the end when I bought a full Dorema awning it was still in as good condition as when I bought it. I know that it is still in use as the people I passed it on to are friends of mine. The Dorema never fitted particularly well and water used to pool on the roof, the lower sidewalls were somewhat flimsy ( I tore one pulling the zip up ) and over the 3 years I had it it faded terribly. In 2003 I bought my present van and bought an Isabella Capri awning for it It goes up very easily, fits superbly, stands up to the weather really well and looks as good today as it did on the first time I put it up. At the same time I bought an NR porch awning which was relatively easy to put up and was well made, the poles though ( their steel ones ) were a pain, the part that was supposed to be fixed in place on the poles to allow the lower pole to extend would not stay in place and extending the poles was a nightmare. I used it about 11 times in all and recently gave it away on freecycle because one of the zips had broken. Two years ago I bought an Outdoor revolution Porchlite plus and found it harder to put up than the NR porch so only used it three times, and on the third time one of the fibreglass bendy poles was split. That went on freecycle as well. Last Novemebr I bought an three year Isabella Minor Porch from Ebay for £200 and it is like the other Isabella superb I should have bought one to start with it would have been cheaper overall to have bought it new in 2003 than to mess about with other cheaper items.

If you want an Isabella awning I would suggest having a good look over a reasonable time on Ebay, they turn up reguularly and are good value that way.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Firstly the awning you have, if it is just a small amount to large or too small there are a number of awning repairers out there who for about £100 will alter the awning so that it fits your van. If it is much too big then there is little that can be done other than replace it. If it is much too small then a possibility is to buy a kit of parts to convert it into a large porch awning, (even if it needs some alterations as well to make it small enough for the front to fall behind the front side windows ), almost any dealer will help you with this.

Isabella awnings are the bees knees, I have over the years had several makes of awnings and the ones which stand out as well fitting and almost indestructable have been the Isabella ones, the fabrics they use are superb and the way they finish things off makes them much more servicable. In 1994 I bought a secondhand Isabella Combi porch and I used it ( something like 80 nights a year summer and winter over 8 years ) and at the end when I bought a full Dorema awning it was still in as good condition as when I bought it. I know that it is still in use as the people I passed it on to are friends of mine. The Dorema never fitted particularly well and water used to pool on the roof, the lower sidewalls were somewhat flimsy ( I tore one pulling the zip up ) and over the 3 years I had it it faded terribly. In 2003 I bought my present van and bought an Isabella Capri awning for it It goes up very easily, fits superbly, stands up to the weather really well and looks as good today as it did on the first time I put it up. At the same time I bought an NR porch awning which was relatively easy to put up and was well made, the poles though ( their steel ones ) were a pain, the part that was supposed to be fixed in place on the poles to allow the lower pole to extend would not stay in place and extending the poles was a nightmare. I used it about 11 times in all and recently gave it away on freecycle because one of the zips had broken. Two years ago I bought an Outdoor revolution Porchlite plus and found it harder to put up than the NR porch so only used it three times, and on the third time one of the fibreglass bendy poles was split. That went on freecycle as well. Last Novemebr I bought an three year Isabella Minor Porch from Ebay for £200 and it is like the other Isabella superb I should have bought one to start with it would have been cheaper overall to have bought it new in 2003 than to mess about with other cheaper items.

If you want an Isabella awning I would suggest having a good look over a reasonable time on Ebay, they turn up reguularly and are good value that way.

I would echo everything Bill says, i have an Isabella Ambassador, it fits the van perfectly, its superbly made and looks and feels like it will last forever. I baulked a little at first at the cost, bearing in mind the size of my van (1088 awning size), but many years ago i learnt that you get what you pay for, so, if you can afford it then go for the Isabella as it is without any doubt the best. Obviously cost is the factor, there are some decent Awnings out there slightly cheaper, Trio, Ventura etc.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.