First Time In Germany

We are new caravanners and are thinking about a trip to Germany for two or three weeks this June/early July.

Having just read Edward Enfield's book "Dawdling Down the Danube", I rather fancy exploring the Romantic Road from Wurzburg to Fussen. See

http://www. romantischestrasse. de/?lang=uk

We'd like to spend three or four days at selected sites and explore by car, rather than moving on every day.

I just wondered if anyone else could make any recommendations about a holiday in this area, sites, routes etc. I have the CC 2009 Caravan Europe book but am rather spoilt for choice.

Also, would you say this was a good area to visit on our first visit to Germany? Or would the Black Forest be better.

Thanks in anticipation

Tom

www. southcoastsounds. org. uk

--------------------

Tom

I would say its an excellent choice for a first visit to Germany. We have been several times and last year were there for about 7 weeks. If you check out my website I have a blog of last years stay and I also lots of campsite reviews. We have explore quite a bit of the Romantische Strasse, mainly the northern bit. Wurzburg, Weikersheim, Rothenburg o. d. T are all well worth a visit so are many of the smaller towns along the route. If you are thinking of going to the southern end of the road then Schwangau, Fussen, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof are well worth the time. WE have not done the entire route and have more to explore. Re your question about the Black Forest. It is of course very pretty but if you are more interested in old towns and castles then the Romantische Strasse might be better.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I would say its an excellent choice for a first visit to Germany . . .

David

Thanks for that David - a very helpful reply. I discovered your blog some time ago and have enjoyed reading it and looking at your excellent photographs. I shall now re-read it and check out the locations you have visited - the sites by the rivers look very appealing to me.

all the best, Tom

www. southcoastsounds. org. uk

--------------------