Retro Fit Suspension

Dave K

Can anyone rember the article re retro fit suspension for Abbey Caravan. I understand that Abbey can tell you if they can be fitted from the chassis number. I am thinking of fitting them to my Abbey 418 Aventurer. Has anyone fitted them are they a D. I. Y job or not

Dave, do you mean shock absorbers? If you do the answer is yes. I fitted them to my 2007 Abbey 418 gts. They are colour coded depending on the weight of the 'van ( red for 1500kg as I recall ).

Simple to do and take about 10-15 minutes each side.

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

Can anyone rember the article re retro fit suspension for Abbey Caravan. I understand that Abbey can tell you if they can be fitted from the chassis number. I am thinking of fitting them to my Abbey 418 Aventurer. Has anyone fitted them are they a D. I. Y job or not

Hi Dave

The suspension is usually not to be tampered with but as said above, shocks can be fitted easily to aid handling.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

If you are reto fitting shockers I agree it is a relatively simple DIY job for those so minded.

I retro fitted them to my Swift Conqueror 540.

It was a challenge though to fit around my mover and get the clearances. ..tight but it worked.

Suggest click onto the Swift section as there is a long thread on this topic and useful advice and experience.

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.