Truma Water Heater

I have just had my one year old Bailey ranger 460/4, for its annual service. When I was out for the weekend, I found out that the electric water heater is not working, although the gas appears to work fine. Before I go back to my dealer, could I have done something wrong ??. Maybe its just bad luck and something has gone wrong, question is what ??.

Does any one have had a similar experience and got to the root cause, I am quite handy, and can fix things if guided to the right area.

Thanks

I have just had my one year old Bailey ranger 460/4, for its annual service. When I was out for the weekend, I found out that the electric water heater is not working, although the gas appears to work fine. Before I go back to my dealer, could I have done something wrong ??. Maybe its just bad luck and something has gone wrong, question is what ??.

Does any one have had a similar experience and got to the root cause, I am quite handy, and can fix things if guided to the right area.

Thanks

Have you checked the breaker on the RCD and the fuse in the heater switch?

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

Have you checked the breaker on the RCD and the fuse in the heater switch?

Yes I have tried all the usual stuff, even tried the fuse on the in board PCB at the water heater, all passed the test.

Yes I have tried all the usual stuff, even tried the fuse on the in board PCB at the water heater, all passed the test.

Is there a 'reset' button that has tripped to prevent the unit from overheating? This protects the heating element from burning out if you happen to turn your heater on with no water in it. Some water heaters have these hidden in some very awkward places!

Have Bailey - Will Travel

Hi Paulus,

On our Ranger the reset button was on the end of the hot water cylinder where the electrics were,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi

We had a problem with our pageant. With the heating on electrics it didn't always work - although it was fine with gas - we took it to be serviced and we were told that it is a common problem - if there is air in the system, then as a safety measure it wont work - so make sure you bleed the taps before switching in.

hope this helps

Carrie

Hi

We had a problem with our pageant. With the heating on electrics it didn't always work - although it was fine with gas - we took it to be serviced and we were told that it is a common problem - if there is air in the system, then as a safety measure it wont work - so make sure you bleed the taps before switching in.

hope this helps

Carrie

And in addition if it still does not work make sure that you turn the switch off for a 5 minute period so as to allow the unit to reset itself. If for any reason the trip awtch has gone the unit will not reset until it has been isolated from the mains for 5 mins.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

The same thing happened to our van after a service the switch had been left on with no water in the sysytem

On returning home unawares I plugged in to the mains and some time later discovered the situation

The heater had tripped out but as advised above switching off the double pole water heater switch for several minutes reset the unit

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Guest hellboy

you can burn them out you know did you turn the electric on the boiler without filling it up if so it can burn out but don't tell the dealer that say it just doesent work and get it replaced :blink:

Generally you can tell if its been burnt out by not having water in the tank - it's black & burnt, usually with a little hole in the sheath where the water gets in and trips the RCD

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning