Precautionary Tale When Laying Up.

phil1041

I have just layed my Lousiana up after a 5 day break, the van is not hooked up to the mains, the 12 v switch is off as are all the other switches on the panel, i opened the fridge door as i always do when laying up and i noticed that the Blue LED internal light was on. I then noticed that the fridge was still switched to the mains position (forgot to switch it off when packing up).

No matter what position the switch was in, the light stayed on, other than in the Off position.

It would appear that the light draws power from the battery no matter what unless the fridge power switch is in the OFF position.

I was not aware of this and would have had a flat battery had i not noticed. Just something to bear in mind.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

An LED draws so little current it would take ages to flatten the battery.

Good point though.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Hi Phil,

If the fridge is the same as the one in our 'van the light extinguishes itself after a predetermined time, it is mentioned in the Manual which I finally picked up and read. I did post on this 'problem' on a couple of occasions before reading the manual :rolleyes:,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

We had problems with our fridge light - it burnt out? and was replaced at our first service under warranty. Not sure if it went because if the fridge door is in the 'locked' position the door doesn't shut properly unles you press the button down.

Helen

Helen

Nissan Terrano lwb & 2008 Series 6 Bailey Senator Wyoming

In my Burgundy you just switch fridge off at knob and light goes out. .

Neil. .

Ford Mondeo Titanium x Auto Estate / Bailey Pagent burgundy series 7

In my Burgundy you just switch fridge off at knob and light goes out. .

Hi Neil,

It does indeed but I have been known to forget to turn it back on and warm Kronenberg is not to my taste :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.