Senator Problems

wmcdonaldd

Started to prepare our new Senator Virginia for it's first outing since we collected it from the dealer in November, the only 2 problems we could find were:-

1. Once we'd closed the blind on the omnivent there was no way it was going to retract more than half way. Not a great problem I know & I thought I'd take the cover off myself and see whether I could adjust the tension. Having removed the screws holding the internal cover, the cover doesn't want to move so I've given up at the moment.

2. The other even more minor point is the door lock is so stiff I need to manually return it to the closed position every time it's used. Simple I thought, WD40, but to no avail, again removing the lock is proving difficult.

I don't want to apply too much force to either of the units but I either attempt myself or make th 30 mile trip to the dealer over what appears trivial.

Any suggestions?

Nissan Xtrail 2. 2DCI and Bailey Senator Virginia

If it were me I'd call the dealer explaining the problems. . get an appointment to get them rectified and make the trip.

Attempting to fix them yourself (and especially if you fail) could invalidate your warranty.

Just my 2p worth!

G.

Same opinion as Chapmag here. As for the door lock you will find there is a light oil spray that you can buy from the dealer for all the lock.

Started to prepare our new Senator Virginia for it's first outing since we collected it from the dealer in November, the only 2 problems we could find were:-

1. Once we'd closed the blind on the omnivent there was no way it was going to retract more than half way. Not a great problem I know & I thought I'd take the cover off myself and see whether I could adjust the tension. Having removed the screws holding the internal cover, the cover doesn't want to move so I've given up at the moment.

2. The other even more minor point is the door lock is so stiff I need to manually return it to the closed position every time it's used. Simple I thought, WD40, but to no avail, again removing the lock is proving difficult.

I don't want to apply too much force to either of the units but I either attempt myself or make th 30 mile trip to the dealer over what appears trivial.

Any suggestions?

Had the same problem with the door lock on my new Lousiana, no amount of spraying made any difference, in the end the dealer replaced the whole lock saying it was quite common on the Senator range for some reason. If your van is still under warranty, afraid its back to the dealers to be rectified.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Had the same problem with the door lock on my new Lousiana, no amount of spraying made any difference, in the end the dealer replaced the whole lock saying it was quite common on the Senator range for some reason. If your van is still under warranty, afraid its back to the dealers to be rectified.

Phil.

Not sure where I read it but it stated don't use WD40 on plastics used on door locks as it causes it to go brittle or degrades it. Local dealer left a can of spray in the old van after a service and on paperwork stated any left over would be left as I had paid for the full can (sprays out a white coulor) this was labelled as thier own make but states designed for locks etc. We picked our new senator virginia up in January on the coldest day all the locks were frozen they managed with warm water and equivelent spray to free every lock other than the door which was replaced. After a couple of days at home it was still stiff so I used some of the left over spray into the lock barrel and mechenism worked it for about 5 mins and its been great since even when the car locks were frozen.

Dave

Silicone spray is excellent - available at any car accessory shop.

It works on Thetford cassettes as well.

Roger

Is this the stuff you mean? http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/SILICONE-SPRAY-LUBRI. ..A1%7C240%3A1318

I take it WD40 is not Silicone based? excuse my ignorance.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with my Senator door lock. When I took it apart I found it had 2 very thin spring washers. I removed one and have never had a problem since. Be careful as I got locked out of my caravan twice.

Edited by shellslapmc

Many thanks for you advice and comments guys, I've spoken to my dealer & it's going back next Tuesday to be sorted. They said that the stiff door lock has been a common problem.

thanks

again

Don

Nissan Xtrail 2. 2DCI and Bailey Senator Virginia

Many thanks for you advice and comments guys, I've spoken to my dealer & it's going back next Tuesday to be sorted. They said that the stiff door lock has been a common problem.

thanks

again

Don

Hi Don,

If you have the same lock as we do on the Hertal door we were told that it's typical of the lock and nothing to worry about. This has been backed up by others who have this type such as a couple of Swift owners that we met on site,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Silicon Spray can be purchased from Halfords. A can lasts for ages, is great stuff with all sorts of uses, including wiping over the stock of my rifle. :ph34r:

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Hi Don,

If you have the same lock as we do on the Hertal door we were told that it's typical of the lock and nothing to worry about. This has been backed up by others who have this type such as a couple of Swift owners that we met on site,

Regards,

Ian.

Yes, we had ours replaced under warranty - the dealer was very good and booked it in one Friday when we were due away for the weekend and did it on the road outside the dealers whilst we waited!

Helen

Nissan Terrano lwb & 2008 Series 6 Bailey Senator Wyoming

Yes, we had ours replaced under warranty - the dealer was very good and booked it in one Friday when we were due away for the weekend and did it on the road outside the dealers whilst we waited!

Hi Helen,

So I assume that the replacement works well? I shall have another word with the Dealer though ours is slowly becoming more free,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Interestingly my Pageant Bordeaux has exactly same problem. I have already tried silicon spray several times to no avail. It is due for its first annual service 6th June so I will inform the dealer prior to this so that they can take action under warranty - thanks all for the very useful info

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Hi Helen,

So I assume that the replacement works well? I shall have another word with the Dealer though ours is slowly becoming more free,

Regards,

Ian.

Yes Ian (I say with my fingers crossed!!), it appears to have resolved it. I had no problems sorting it either, just said what the problem was and straight away they said they would replace the lock.

Helen

Helen

Nissan Terrano lwb & 2008 Series 6 Bailey Senator Wyoming

Yes Ian (I say with my fingers crossed!!), it appears to have resolved it. I had no problems sorting it either, just said what the problem was and straight away they said they would replace the lock.

Helen

Hi Helen,

Thanks for that so it's not a regular issue, as I was told, but not a problem as ours is working well now,

Regards,

Ian.