Plate And Bowl Rack

woody3

I want to replace the plastic rack provided in my 2008 Conqueror as it is not very functional.

Looked at Towsure and other internet based suppliers but none seem much better.

I have bought a couple of chrome wire mug racks and these will be OK but still need a solution for the large plates and bowls.

Has anyone advice as to where I might look for a better solution.

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.

Could I suggest you do what I did when looking for a bowl rack for my new Ace. It seems that the manufacturers have decided that buyers of current new caravans shouldn't be having soup or sweet courses with their meals as other than the Swift Group's top of the range models, there's no bowl racks fitted in any of their vans! And the Explorer Group is no better!

So have a look around your dealer's used vans and find one with racks which would fit in your particular cupboard and then tell your dealer's parts dept the details of the van in which you've seen the racks and they can order the relevant parts for you.

David.

Could I suggest you do what I did when looking for a bowl rack for my new Ace. It seems that the manufacturers have decided that buyers of current new caravans shouldn't be having soup or sweet courses with their meals as other than the Swift Group's top of the range models, there's no bowl racks fitted in any of their vans! And the Explorer Group is no better!

So have a look around your dealer's used vans and find one with racks which would fit in your particular cupboard and then tell your dealer's parts dept the details of the van in which you've seen the racks and they can order the relevant parts for you.

I saw a similar posting a while ago(on this site I believe but not sure).Anyway,I made a note of the chrome wire racks' parts numbers.

Plate rack 1086307 were £6. 35 each

Cup rack 1086309 £4. 97 each.

Perhaps Swift could confirm these together with current prices?

We use this one with a seperate wire cup holder

If it place at the front of the roof cupboard it leaves room at the back for bigger dishes as well

We,ve had the same one for over 10 years and swap it from van to van when we change

http://www. waudbys. co. uk/products/details/16975. html

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

79509_XXXXXXXX_SA.jpg

I like these plate racks from Ikea - top left in picture - they come in two sizes and the wires are adjustable to the plate diameter- Just fitted today at the lake district and plates survived the 70 mile return journey. I put card spacers between the pottery plates. I used velcro to hold the rack in place. I will use u-bolts to eventually.

For glasses & cups I use some Lidl plastic draw dividers - These are excellent and cheap.

Kevin