Cc Site Maintenance

Artleknock

I see that the CC site is unavailable until 3pm today because of essential maintenance.

Mid week would be better for that sort of thing, unless the site has gone t*ts up suddenly.

Couldn't be a worse time than today, especially as I want to use it now. :angry:

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

I see that the CC site is unavailable until 3pm today because of essential maintenance.

Mid week would be better for that sort of thing, unless the site has gone t*ts up suddenly.

Couldn't be a worse time than today, especially as I want to use it now. :angry:

Hi,

If it's essential maintenance then maybe this is the only time that it could be carried out. Maybe they thought that we would all be away enjoying ourselves so we wouldn't need the website :D ?

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi,

If it's essential maintenance then maybe this is the only time that it could be carried out. Maybe they thought that we would all be away enjoying ourselves so we wouldn't need the website :D ?

Regards,

Ian.

Tried to phone twice earlier in the week to book a trip to France, sorry can you call back this afternoon the system is down. Finaly sorted on third call

I think their essential maintenance is trying to get the system to work! I tried to get an insurance quote but was told the computer is down - please try again later.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

There was a mention of this downtime on the site earlier in the week so it was planned.

Very inconsiderate of them when I want to use it :D

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

I do beleive (and I stand to be corrected) :unsure: but they are installing a new and better system and we all know you will get a clitch now and then :huh: not only that but they have to retrain staff ;) so in the end they will be more helpful. So come on people be patient and give them a chance they are only human as well :D

I do beleive (and I stand to be corrected) :unsure: but they are installing a new and better system and we all know you will get a clitch now and then :huh: not only that but they have to retrain staff ;) so in the end they will be more helpful. So come on people be patient and give them a chance they are only human as well :D

Well said and, hopefully, very true :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

there seem to be so many impatient people - just gives them another reason to castigate the CC :(

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

there seem to be so many impatient people - just gives them another reason to castigate the CC :(

Hi Ivan,

Very true and I suspect some are not even CC members,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ivan,

Very true and I suspect some are not even CC members,

Regards,

Ian.

Quite possibly Ian - what I don't understand is why the C & CC never seems to receive the criticism that the CC gets. Why is this, can anyone explain?? I am a member of both and sometimes have issues where I don't think either of them handle matters very well but, on balance, I reckon they do a really good job.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

I rang yesterday to renew my direct debit -- and unfortunately their computer was not working.

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Quite possibly Ian - what I don't understand is why the C & CC never seems to receive the criticism that the CC gets. Why is this, can anyone explain?? I am a member of both and sometimes have issues where I don't think either of them handle matters very well but, on balance, I reckon they do a really good job.

Perhaps because one club has a lot of caravanners as members, the other has lots of campers - perhaps on the "Camping Talk" forum the C&CC gets criticised more than the CC.

Hi Ivan,

I think the 'deposit/no shows/cancelling issue' really is an emotive subject and it may skew people's impression of which club has the happier members. I also wonder if the CC&C have as many members fighting for pitches like the CC?

Regards,

Ian.

When the deposit is £25 with the C&CC I suspect most people will wait till they're sure they're going away before they book. Perhaps it's a bit like France with more people turning up on spec.

BTW I got a voucher for club rates for a friend with this months C&CC magazine but I don't have any friends:-( anyone here want it?

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Spot on & they have gone to the trouble of putting an explanation in this months magazine along with an apology

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Good grief, common sense being spoken! The new system is clearly a very major upgrade and there will be problems along the way. The Club promise that it will improve things for all members when fully up and running. Lets give them a chance to get it installed, tested, and people trained. If it does not offer us more or what we want when its fully up and running that is the time to start being critical!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

. ............................

. ....................

Let me see . .. should the upgrades/maintenance be done

a ) When the working staff are in so they sit around doing nothing but getting in the contractors way.

b ) When the offices are empty and the contractors can work unheeded.

All major system upgrades by any decent size companies are done "out of hours" . ...

Edited by Entwood

You have to smile

- the CC used to have a computer system which allowed the taking, and tracking of deposits but some say the reason the CC can't require deposits is the present computer system

- the CC used to have an online booking system that allowed changes in arrival or departure dates, subject to availability but the current computer system requires cancellation and rebooking, risking losing the pitch altogether if demand is high.

Seems to be two steps back and one step forward - but what do I know about computer systems, I only spent 33 years developing them!

I rang mid week to change my insurance and it took forever to get through,when I did I spoke to a lovely young lady who couldn't have been more helpful. I asked how things were going, she said that they were having some difficulties getting used to the new system but were looking forward to providing a better service.

Jeff

I do beleive (and I stand to be corrected) :unsure: but they are installing a new and better system and we all know you will get a clitch now and then, not only that but they have to retrain staff, so in the end they will be more helpful. So come on people be patient and give them a chance they are only human as well.

There is a short article on Page 7 of the March edition Caravan Club entitled "Please be Patient" or words to that effect, stating they are upgrading all of the CC computer systems in 2009, with work being carried out in Jan & Feb, also staff retraining etc.

So it would appear they are trying.

It is a well know fact that every computer is rubbish when it is not working, but is the best thing since sliced bread when it does what the user requires. :o:o

GPS

Perhaps because one club has a lot of caravanners as members, the other has lots of campers - perhaps on the "Camping Talk" forum the C&CC gets criticised more than the CC.

I suppose it would. CC doesn't allow tents :lol::lol::lol:

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Let me see . .. should the upgrades/maintenance be done

a ) When the working staff are in so they sit around doing nothing but getting in the contractors way.

b ) When the offices are empty and the contractors can work unheeded.

All major system upgrades by any decent size companies are done "out of hours" . ...

The original post was a bit tongue in cheek, but re reading it, it was a joke with a jag.

The CC is a leisure industry organisation and as such should see more activity outside normal 9 to 5 office hours.

Why pay contractors overtime rates to work during the periods of most activity?.

Unicorn 4 Cadiz