Sites Near Paris

I am sure this may have been covered before but here goes. In late August, all being well, we hope to make our second foray to Europe this year. Number 2 son has mentioned the possibility of joining us if we were staying near Paris as they want to visit Eurodisney. International de Jablines accepts Camping Cheques from 24th August or Des Quarte Vents can be booked via the Caravan Club. Would appreciate comments on either sites especially if anyone has been to both, how do they compare? The site would have to rent mobiles as well.

Thanks

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Hi David

We stayed at Des Quatre Vents a couple of years ago for three nights to enable a trip to Eurodisney.

Decent enough site good sized pitch, flat with easy access. Well maintained site though if I recall the washblocks were pretty average (we were there in peak season). Easy trip to Eurodisney.

We would stay there again.

We've not stayed at the other site so can't do a comparison.

Provin was a good day out as well.

Neil

Neil

VW Tiguan + Sterling Europa 520

http://neilbrighton. typepad. com/distinct_reflections/

Hi Neil

Thanks for the feedback. Washblocks not really a problem for us as we use our own facilities. We have stayed in the area before but its was 1992 we last went to Eurodisney. In 2002 we stayed at Camping Caravanning Chateau de Chambonnières. The older lady reception was encouraging me to go to Provin as it was a nice middle aged town! WE did visit and as you say very nice.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Hi Neil

Thanks for the feedback. Washblocks not really a problem for us as we use our own facilities. We have stayed in the area before but its was 1992 we last went to Eurodisney. In 2002 we stayed at Camping Caravanning Chateau de Chambonnières. The older lady reception was encouraging me to go to Provin as it was a nice middle aged town! WE did visit and as you say very nice.

David

Hi David, Like you a couple of years back i also stayed at Chateau de Chambonnières but I think it has closed down now, we went past it last August and not a Caravan on site and all signs had been removed. Last August we stayed at Des Quatre Vents and really enjoyed it and will go back again if in the area, pitch sizes are huge, never been on a site with such big pitches, plenty big enough for large outfits with a large awning and a couple of cars and still room. Some have hedges inbetwen. Food on site in the evening but a tad expensive but fine if you come back late and don't fancy preparing your own. Only gripe was Wasps and loads of them. Enjoy your stay if you book, we did.

Hi David, Like you a couple of years back i also stayed at Chateau de Chambonnières but I think it has closed down now, we went past it last August and not a Caravan on site and all signs had been removed. Last August we stayed at Des Quatre Vents and really enjoyed it and will go back again if in the area, pitch sizes are huge, never been on a site with such big pitches, plenty big enough for large outfits with a large awning and a couple of cars and still room. Some have hedges inbetwen. Food on site in the evening but a tad expensive but fine if you come back late and don't fancy preparing your own. Only gripe was Wasps and loads of them. Enjoy your stay if you book, we did.

I did wonder about Chambonnieres as there seems not to be any updated info on the internet that I could immediately find. I think it was popular in the past because there was not the choice there is now but the facilities did not keep pace. The couple running, as delightful as they were, were getting on a bit in years so perhaps they have given up? Thanks for the feedback on Des Quatre Vents, if we go I will keep an eye out for the wasps!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Hi David

Des Quatre Vents is a good site for Eurodisney 10 mins drive

Nice sheltered location and Madame George is a wonderfull host .

Baker bring fresh produce in the mornings

Nearest supermarket is about 10 mins drive as well

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

Hi David

Des Quatre Vents is a good site for Eurodisney 10 mins drive

Nice sheltered location and Madame George is a wonderfull host .

Baker bring fresh produce in the mornings

Nearest supermarket is about 10 mins drive as well

Thanks for the feedback.

David

PS I don't seem to be able to PM you, I have sent you a mail to the address held by the forum. Re campsite at Denham.

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Thanks for the feedback.

David

PS I don't seem to be able to PM you, I have sent you a mail to the address held by the forum. Re campsite at Denham.

David

Seems i'm not allowed to pm /receive pm's on this forum just tried it just now

Now sorted

Edited by leemoore01

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

Could I ask a question please. This summer will be my first time in France with the van, and I too am staying in Des Quatre Vents for my first week. How do people manage with regard to security on the sites. When you hotel it, you have safes or security boxes, but how do you store your valuables safely in a caravan when you go out for the day? Or do sites typically have safety deposit boxes that you can hire?

Regards
Robert
Ford Kuga 150 TDCI Titanium. Bailey Pegasus II Verona

We have stayed at Quatre Vents for the past 12 years for a week -- and agree with all the comments -- and Adeline - from Poitiers - - in the office is a regular visitor to our home in England --

Security on site for valuables -- Well they do have a safe in the office where you can deposit an Envelope -- they don't want to know what is in it. . and I suppose that all things being equal -- that is "safe" [no pun intended]

Previously to QV we did go to Château de Chambonnières -- for about 8 years -- as it was a nice quiet site - -- that unfortunately was its downfall they did not progress with things that people wanted -- we still visited madam and her husband each year even though we weren't staying there and sat and took wine with them. .

They told us last year that they were finishing -- one reason was that they had been dropped a couple of years previously from the Caravan Club and the visitor numbers were so low now. . They are going to continue to live in their home and will have a sideline of selling logs. .. we hope to visit them again next time in Paris.

Edited by MauriceH

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

How do people manage with regard to security on the sites?

Having motorcycled, camped and caravanned in France for many years, I have never felt any need to do anything other than observe normal precautions (eg locking the car when I'm not with it, fitting chain to bike etc). I may have been lucky - on the other hand, I have rarely heard of anything being stolen.

Mind you, I don't wander around with Rolex watches and the like.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

We have stayed at Quatre Vents for the past 12 years for a week -- and agree with all the comments -- and Adeline - from Poitiers - - in the office is a regular visitor to our home in England --

Security on site for valuables -- Well they do have a safe in the office where you can deposit an Envelope -- they don't want to know what is in it. . and I suppose that all things being equal -- that is "safe" [no pun intended]

Previously to QV we did go to Château de Chambonnières -- for about 8 years -- as it was a nice quiet site - -- that unfortunately was its downfall they did not progress with things that people wanted -- we still visited madam and her husband each year even though we weren't staying there and sat and took wine with them. .

They told us last year that they were finishing -- one reason was that they had been dropped a couple of years previously from the Caravan Club and the visitor numbers were so low now. . They are going to continue to live in their home and will have a sideline of selling logs. .. we hope to visit them again next time in Paris.

Hi Maurice,

You still have the Red D5, I still remember the lovely sound it made. Was at Château de Chambonnières back in 2007

OK, Jabline - stayed there in 2005 at easter, handy for Disney - maybe closer than QV? Decent sized pitches on the whole,good sanitaires, helpful staff. Offers a minibus to Disney at high times. Some noise from the Base de Loisir, and plane noise as it is near to the flight path for CDG or Orly - don't know which - but highlighting plane noise is being a bit picky, I'm sure sites close to any major airport may have thisproblem, & I'd assume that pevailing weather conditions might influence this matter.

QV, stayed easter 2008. Agree with comment re pitches, but they are all grass and were suffering due to vehciles etc. Also had a problem with the electric supply tripping, and needing constant re-setting by the helpful owners. problem will have been worsened as easter last year was in March, so I'm certain heating demands will have been an influence.

Given a choice between the two, we'd plump for Jabline again. It just has the edge on facilities and location/proximity to Disney. Was also disconcerting to note that "ladies of the night" were plying their trade from campervans pulled up in laybys in the forest surrounding Quatre Vent - and none of them nice looking!

Agree with Provins, lovely town that we'd visit again.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

Hi Maurice,

You still have the Red D5, I still remember the lovely sound it made. Was at Château de Chambonnières back in 2007

Yes still got it -- tows well and goes like sh*t from a shovel :D

Maurice

We too were at Quattre Vents in August. The pitches are extra large and we managed to get 2 Bailey senator Carolinas and 2 cars on the pitch with loads of room over. The grill by the reception was a handy option, but I agreee that the wasps were a total pain! The toilets were not the cleanest and my wife refused to use them herself or indeed allow the kids to use them!

We only stayed 3 nights, and probably would not wish to stay longer.

Stayed at Jablines just over a year ago as a base for Disney. Easy, quiet drive and also a mini bus at certain times.

Nice clean and very secure site. Some of the biggest showers cubicles I've seen! :lol:

Very friendly helpful husband and wife owners. Would certainly go back

Edited by ScoobyWRX

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

We stayed at Jablines last October after some recommendation from members. First Class site, plenty of pitch space, great owners and very understanding,site is on a secure area within a complex so lots of things to do if you go during the main season. Eurodisney about 15mins away, supermarkets about 5-10mins away. Totally safe for the kids. We are going again hopefully this year but if not next. Highly recommend this site.

post-16923-1236724922_thumb.jpg

We stayed at Jablines last October after some recommendation from members. First Class site, plenty of pitch space, great owners and very understanding,site is on a secure area within a complex so lots of things to do if you go during the main season. Eurodisney about 15mins away, supermarkets about 5-10mins away. Totally safe for the kids. We are going again hopefully this year but if not next. Highly recommend this site.

wow, what make is that awning--that is just what we want! is that a twin axle its fitted to?

just been thinking - there is another nice site to the North West pf Paris -- Camping Domain D'Inchelin just south of the town of Vernon. .. of the A13. .. on the D89

This is an ideal site if you want to visit Monet's garden and house at Giverny,[absolutely wonderful] or Paris itself. .[even better]

There is an wonderful overground train link to the centre of Paris from Rosny -sur- Seine - about 5 miles away on a local road -- you can park you car free all day at the station . ..[got to be good]

It was largely wooded site with large pitches and some statics -- it has a restaurant - take away and a shop -- and a very good and well managed swimming pool. . and children's play area. .

The dry waste containers [paper etc] were our side the site on the other side of the country lane -- a bit of a hike -- but no problems - put it in a bag and drop it off when you go out in the car. .

We liked it when we went in 2003 -- cant really say what it is like now . . :mellow:

lat 48deg 58'14"

long 1deg 32'7"

for those with sat navs. .

Maurice