Stupid Question No 1

MudPlugger

Having just ordered our new van, a Bailey Pageant Champagne, we went out today to look at some awnings. There appear to be two possibilities, a full awning, which goes the full length of the van or a Part awning, the Part awning we liked was the Bradcot Portico XL, which claims to be able to fit one end wall into the awning channel. The Part awnings looked to be easier to erect, but I'm a bit worried about the foam pad rubbing against the side of the van.

Does anyone have any experience of this awning, preferably with a Champagne, or would be better getting a full awning an putting up with hassle of erecting it?

Dave

Mudplugger

I only put up the full awning for 4 days + and use a porch for weekends

Are you new to caravanning ?

Go on a site and see what others are using before spending your hard earned cash

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

Having just ordered our new van, a Bailey Pageant Champagne, we went out today to look at some awnings. There appear to be two possibilities, a full awning, which goes the full length of the van or a Part awning, the Part awning we liked was the Bradcot Portico XL, which claims to be able to fit one end wall into the awning channel. The Part awnings looked to be easier to erect, but I'm a bit worried about the foam pad rubbing against the side of the van.

Does anyone have any experience of this awning, preferably with a Champagne, or would be better getting a full awning an putting up with hassle of erecting it?

Dave

Hi Dave

As An option look at the NR awning web site they do a combi the front and roof fit in the awning rail, the right hand side with the padding, the position of the padding can be determined by you as to the best position ie to clear the windows

Nr web site http://www. nrawning. co. uk/nr/combi. htm

I have a 3 year old, used for about 6 weeks NR full awning for sale, we changed the van from a Champagne to a Swift Conqueror pm for details

Dave

Edited by carabiker