Towbar Problem

Guest hellboy

Guest hellboy

just had my towbar fitted and i have tried it out at home all is fine until i put main beam on and the rear fogs then it blows a fuse. i know im to take it back but just intrested to fined what they have done wrong

just had my towbar fitted and i have tried it out at home all is fine until i put main beam on and the rear fogs then it blows a fuse. i know im to take it back but just intrested to fined what they have done wrong

You will have to give more info?

Make, Model, year, 7 or 13 pin, which fuse blew, and any more that will help

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

you wouldnt need to run with your main beem on and rear fogs, because if you need you rear fogs on, your main beem would just fog up the road infront of you worst than with just normal dipped beem,

i cant see how the main beem would of been effected by a tow bar, do you know if this ever happened before the bar was fitted, mike

Guest hellboy
You will have to give more info?

Make, Model, year, 7 or 13 pin, which fuse blew, and any more that will help

Radiotwo

passat 1. 9tdi estate 56 reg 7 pin when i mean main beam i mean lights on