Idc Retro Fit

R U Sure

You will see from my earlier post 'New to Elddis' that I was looking forward to getting a new Odyssey 544; I've put it in my signature after trading in my trouble free Bailey 470/4 on Dec 2nd. I'm still waiting delivery of my new van because on 5th January I asked for IDC to be fitted. DW helpfully offered to look into this for me at the time but it seemed the dealer resolved things.

You will see I was advised by Explorer that the factory could not fit post order even though my caravan was still at the factory. I was given to understand by the dealer that an arrangement had been arrived at with Explorer to use my order to train up retailers in retro fitting the IDC. This seemed to me to be a good solution as I was keen to have the IDC fitted under factory supervision and I appreciated this was a new piece of kit.

Told by my dealer today that the IDC is not expected at the factory before mid March and Explorer are not able to assist with the fitting. Explorer have had nearly 2 months to get the IDC from Germany. Dealer says they have had no contact from Explorer re training for retro fit.

I've reluctantly agreed to accept the van without IDC with a fitting at the dealers 'some point in the future'. My dealer has no experience of fitting IDC so this may be a good while yet.

I see various threads re retro fitting the IDC and Explorer give the impression that it's not a problem. I saw a recent post suggesting going to the factory for a retro fit. That's not an option it seems.

You'll gather I'm very disappointed at this set back before the van has even left the factory and all this over the non-season period. Seems to me that unless you request the IDC at the point of order you won't get it. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with Explorer as till now I've had no problems at all over years with their main competitor and would not want to regret changing from the Bristol people. I'll be sure to let you all know what develops. In the meantime I'm waiting for a reply to my PM from Explorer.

Edited by R U Sure

Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - Swift Conqueror 570

You will see from my earlier post 'New to Elddis' that I was looking forward to getting a new Odyssey 544; I've put it in my signature after trading in my trouble free Bailey 470/4 on Dec 2nd. I'm still waiting delivery of my new van because on 5th January I asked for IDC to be fitted. DW helpfully offered to look into this for me at the time but it seemed the dealer resolved things.

You will see I was advised by Explorer that the factory could not fit post order even though my caravan was still at the factory. I was given to understand by the dealer that an arrangement had been arrived at with Explorer to use my order to train up retailers in retro fitting the IDC. This seemed to me to be a good solution as I was keen to have the IDC fitted under factory supervision and I appreciated this was a new piece of kit.

Told by my dealer today that the IDC is not expected at the factory before mid March and Explorer are not able to assist with the fitting. Explorer have had nearly 2 months to get the IDC from Germany. Dealer says they have had no contact from Explorer re training for retro fit.

I've reluctantly agreed to accept the van without IDC with a fitting at the dealers 'some point in the future'. My dealer has no experience of fitting IDC so this may be a good while yet.

I see various threads re retro fitting the IDC and Explorer give the impression that it's not a problem. I saw a recent post suggesting going to the factory for a retro fit. That's not an option it seems.

You'll gather I'm very disappointed at this set back before the van has even left the factory and all this over the non-season period. Seems to me that unless you request the IDC at the point of order you won't get it. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with Explorer as till now I've had no problems at all over years with their main competitor and would not want to regret changing from the Bristol people. I'll be sure to let you all know what develops. In the meantime I'm waiting for a reply to my PM from Explorer.

David have PM you and will look into this on Monday when I am back at the Factory

David

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

David have PM you and will look into this on Monday when I am back at the Factory

David

Thanks - I hope to report that you can resolve this and I get the IDC fitted as per our PM's - D M

Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - Swift Conqueror 570