Cancelled A Cc Booking

Griff

Hi,

Just cancelled a CC site booking for 13 days ahead and was asked by the booking service what my reason was for cancelling?

Never been asked for a reason before when I have cancelled.

'Caravan will now not be out from service/warranty work in time' was the reason.

Are they starting to tighten up?

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second that

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

How can they check if you're telling the truth? Not that any contributor to CT2 would tell fibs.

Just what I thought.

If members think that they might get quizzed over a cancellation, might just lead to more no shows where at the moment I don't think any questions are asked of?

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

How can they check if you're telling the truth? Not that any contributor to CT2 would tell fibs.

I doubt whether they are interested in the individual, and the odd lie won't hurt the overall picture. If the CC can understand the cancellation problem properly it should benefit the membership (I hope).

I doubt whether they are interested in the individual, and the odd lie won't hurt the overall picture. If the CC can understand the cancellation problem properly it should benefit the membership (I hope).

Hi, one of my bug bears is that no deposits are taken by the cc. I then try to book up & if you aren't in there in December the year before you've got little chance. I do wonder if people hedge their bets and just make blanket bookings.

Hi, one of my bug bears is that no deposits are taken by the cc. I then try to book up & if you aren't in there in December the year before you've got little chance. I do wonder if people hedge their bets and just make blanket bookings.

Sure they do, we have been on a site we use as halfway stops on a friday night had to move on as fully booked up for saturday. When we stop again on our way home talking to the warden the site was only half full and only minority had bothered to cancel and one even as late as 9pm for that night.

Sorry to gate crash a little but the CC is new to us, do i take it that folk book because there is no deposit and book up all the sites in December if they maybe going and then cancel at the last minute. I am not accusing anyone here of doing this just trying to get to the bottom of how it seems to work. I did ring CC and ask for some certain sites and told the guy at CC that every where I try to book is booked. He replies by saying that they book them in December and I said well I am a new member how was I to know that. His reply was it was written in the December mag. If I do renew my membership it will only be for the mayday unless I find another that will tow over 23 foot. Or do i join the rat race in Dec with my list for 2010. ..

The Caravan Club have acknowledged that late cancellations are a bigger problem than no shows. Perhaps the new computer system has allowed the Club to introduce some initiatives to collect more information. Now, just thinking aloud for a moment. What if they are not just collecting the reasons why but also recording how often an individual member cancels regardless of reasons? If you get serial cancellers perhaps they will suddenly find a letter on their doorstep suggesting that their level of cancellation is unacceptable. Perhaps its just to reinforce the view that the majority of cancellations are for justifiable reasons and thus supporting the Club's stance of not requiring deposits.

David (currently at Cherry Hinton)

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

The Caravan Club have acknowledged that late cancellations are a bigger problem than no shows. Perhaps the new computer system has allowed the Club to introduce some initiatives to collect more information. Now, just thinking aloud for a moment. What if they are not just collecting the reasons why but also recording how often an individual member cancels regardless of reasons? If you get serial cancellers perhaps they will suddenly find a letter on their doorstep suggesting that their level of cancellation is unacceptable. Perhaps its just to reinforce the view that the majority of cancellations are for justifiable reasons and thus supporting the Club's stance of not requiring deposits.

David (currently at Cherry Hinton)

As you thinking aloud maybee they could ammend thier computer system to identify the serial cancellers as you said and after a letter not accept thier bookings until a deposit is paid ?

Sorry to gate crash a little but the CC is new to us, do i take it that folk book because there is no deposit and book up all the sites in December if they maybe going and then cancel at the last minute. I am not accusing anyone here of doing this just trying to get to the bottom of how it seems to work. I did ring CC and ask for some certain sites and told the guy at CC that every where I try to book is booked. He replies by saying that they book them in December and I said well I am a new member how was I to know that. His reply was it was written in the December mag. If I do renew my membership it will only be for the mayday unless I find another that will tow over 23 foot. Or do i join the rat race in Dec with my list for 2010. ..

I have just booked 13 sites for a total of 58 nights in april, may, june and september, none of them were fully booked, so not everything gets booked up months ahead.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

This is much too much of a sweepng statement, it is true that if you want a weekend in York or at Chatsworth or at one or two other places or if you want to go to Bunree in June or july or if you want a pitch for easter, or spring bank, or august bank holiday then you need to book early but for the majority of CC sites booking a few weeks in advance is all that is necessary. For the majority of sites for the majority of the season the booking system works extremely well.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Sorry to gate crash a little but the CC is new to us, do i take it that folk book because there is no deposit and book up all the sites in December if they maybe going and then cancel at the last minute.

If you took it that way you would be making the wrong deduction. Popular sites in popular areas and sites in places that are great for weekends tend to fill, but in general most of the sites have vacancies for most of the year.

Bill

I have just booked 13 sites for a total of 58 nights in april, may, june and september, none of them were fully booked, so not everything gets booked up months ahead.

This mirrors most peoples experience.

Bill

please, please, lets not go into the "lets have/or not have" a deposit for a CC booking discussion again - been aired so many times gets a bit boring :(

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

please, please, lets not go into the "lets have/or not have" a deposit for a CC booking discussion again - been aired so many times gets a bit boring :(

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Guest John KS

I have suggested this before but much of this problem of over booking and cancellations would be solved if members were not allowed to book more that 3 months in advance.

I know all the families with kids will argue that they want to get their summer holidays sorted but it would then be the same for everyone. There would not then be the mad rush when the bookings open either.

Anyone got a view?

Maybe the question why you've cancelled depends on how close on time the cancellation is.

I just cancelled a booking for October due to change of plans and didn't get asked why.

Also cancelled a booking for April in order to re-book a longer one in the same place, same period. I tried making a second booking to follow on but the system said I was violating the "tow-away rule" whatever that is and wouldn't let me do it.

It would be good if the CC system enabled people to amend their bookings.

Volvo V70 D4 Estate automatic Swift Challenger SE 580

Ok I was right then. ...guess I will have have to join the rat run in December lol or sell the kids and not go in school holidays, now thats a thought. .

The point is I dont have to be in the club do I and if thats how it runs I guess I can take it or leave it, I just wanted to know if i was going in the right direction. ..

Also cancelled a booking for April in order to re-book a longer one in the same place, same period. I tried making a second booking to follow on but the system said I was violating the "tow-away rule" whatever that is and wouldn't let me do it.

It would be good if the CC system enabled people to amend their bookings.

I had this situation a few weeks ago - I had made a booking and then realised I had put in the wrong end date - wanted to add a day but couldn't make the second booking due to the "tow-away rule" !!!!!!! Finished up cancelling the original booking and rebooked with the correct dates without a problem !!

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

The CC online booking system doesn't seem to let you change a booking - you have to cancel the original and then re-book, risking losing the pitch if someone else is trying to book at the same time - you can phone East Grinstead and get then to make the change which rather defeats the concept of an online booking service.