Cc Blatant Southern Bias Yet Again.

phil1041

I know i have mentioned this before, but having just received the latest CC Magazine, yet again there is a blatant southern bias to their site and CL reviews with every single one, apart from the Scottish 3 page comparison article, relating to sites, home touring and CL's in the South.

Why is this? month after month it is the same, I appreciate there are more sites in the South (something else that aggreives me) but surely once in 6 months one of there journalists could point their vehicle north of Watford!

I believe it is the case, correct me if i am wrong, that only one third of the population reside south of the great Watford divide, which means that two thirds DON'T.

This is not reflected in any way in the lazy journalism (my opinion) displayed by the club.

I have written to the CC with my views, i await their response with interest, (if it can find its way from East Grinstead up North).

Is it me??

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't regard the CC Magazine as "journalism", it's barely disguised promotion of CC and advertisers vested interests.

But you're not wrong - it's a "London-centric" attitude which is common throughout London and the Home Counties - they think London is the centre of the UK - in reality, it's a 100 miles further north to Meriden, which is the centre of England and 250 miles further north to the Forest of Bowland, which I believe is the centre of the UK.

gone are the days when the Caravan Club magazine was known as En'Route -- and was written by members - for members ---

Some very good adverts in those days for small shovels for digging holes on pitches to bury your waste and advice on how to do it !! -- both Wet and Dry. .

Never much bias then

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Ssssssssssh!I'm happy for the CC to keep quiet about Northern sites. That way they stay quiet and uncrowded(relatively).

I'll second that :D

Country Down To My Soul

Hey!..It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Land Rover tdi towing Swift Conqueror 645Lux

Ssssssssssh!I'm happy for the CC to keep quiet about Northern sites. That way they stay quiet and uncrowded(relatively).

Try to get on a 'Northern' site this weekend!!!!!

Enjoy yourself, whatever you're doing

RAV4 Pegasus 534

Try to get on a 'Northern' site this weekend!!!!!

Plenty of room on Craigie Gardens and at The invercauld, I think they are Northern sites :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There is also room at Chatsworth for Saturday night.

Edited by Bill Lord

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There is also room at Chatsworth for Saturday night.

The two Peak District sites have been vacated since my post. There will be more before weekend but of course that will be too late.

I've just managed to get on at Chester for the weekend, That is showing full. I'll let you know how many vacant pitches there are over the weekend.

Enjoy yourself, whatever you're doing

RAV4 Pegasus 534

Plenty of room on Craigie Gardens and at The invercauld, I think they are Northern sites :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There is also room at Chatsworth for Saturday night.

You must be looking at late availability try booking a weekend there or at Castleton on the website between now and July !

Hi

I'm a Southerner and actually enjoy coming North, especially to The Lakes (and I have little problem booking because I book well in advance - I have to otherwise I'd be thrown off site every weekend to leave another empty pitch for a "no show").

Now correct me if I'm wrong but most complaints on this forum about "no shows" are from the Northern half of the U. K.

Is it a lack of sites or just too many "no shows" up North?

Scales

why would anyone want to go "up north"???????? :lol:

For the beautiful countryside and pleasant places, it makes a big difference from the boring flat South :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Hi

I'm a Southerner and actually enjoy coming North, especially to The Lakes (and I have little problem booking because I book well in advance - I have to otherwise I'd be thrown off site every weekend to leave another empty pitch for a "no show").

Now correct me if I'm wrong but most complaints on this forum about "no shows" are from the Northern half of the U. K.

Is it a lack of sites or just too many "no shows" up North?

Scales

Hi Scales,

I would say that there are too many members for too few pitches,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

It's interesting looking at late availability for this weekend, nothing much for Friday and Saturday in the midlands or north, only the previously mentioned two sites in Scotland but is this because most sites aren't open yet rather than everyone's away in february

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

why would anyone want to go "up north"???????? :lol:

To get out of Lincoln? :lol:

Edited by angus

Actually Lincoln's very pleasant. I've been to Scunthorpe.

Lived here for 52 yrs where I live now 6 miles out there are about 10 sets of traffic lights to go through into the town center (approx 25 mins journey) and when you get there nowhere to park. So now we go to Newark / Mansfield or Nottingham (on train) for town center shopping. But yes top end of town near cathedral / Bailgate area is very nice for visitors but when you live there its nothing new.

Hi,

I think all those high mountain passes in Lincolnshire are terrible for towing over :lol:,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi,

I think all those high mountain passes in Lincolnshire are terrible for towing over :lol:,

Ian.

being Derbyshire born & bred and living there for a good part of my life, I don't find the Lincolnshire passes too bad :D glad to see my OP re "why go up North" brought a reaction :lol: actually I love it in the depressed areas and will be heading for them in a couple of weeks time - hope the natives will be friendly :P

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.