How Late Can You Book

Mr Carrot

We were all set to go to Ashfields at Dunnington York next month on the 13th but now Mr carrot our van is booked for the gas check on the 11th. We are not sure how long the check will take so we have not booked now incase we lose our deposit. I have booked time off work too.

How many of you book the day before or even the same day please ????? How does the CC late availability work ???? The CC site are full up completely for York so we can not even book and cancel. ..

Thanks x

If it is a CC site there is no cost to you in cancellation.

You can book as late as you like the only difference being avalability.

We were all set to go to Ashfields at Dunnington York next month on the 13th but now Mr carrot our van is booked for the gas check on the 11th. We are not sure how long the check will take so we have not booked now incase we lose our deposit. I have booked time off work too.

How many of you book the day before or even the same day please ????? How does the CC late availability work ???? The CC site are full up completely for York so we can not even book and cancel. ..

Thanks x

Even though they are fully booked, ring the York Caravan Club direct and ask to be put on the cancelation list, I have done this serval times with CC sites and have had quite a bit of luck.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

What I really should have put is what are my chances of getting anywhere the last minute. ...I dont want to book because the carrot might be in longer than we thought in the garage. With it been a gas issue I want it sorted proply and not rushed.

If you can book holiday abroad last minute we may just get in some where caravaning. ..This was so not in my plans this year lol

I've rung up a site on a friday morning and gone the same day. It's a case of whether they have space or not.

With a Caravan club site I would ring direct, whatever the computer says, and ask the warden. Sometimes they have space even when the computer says full.

Neil

VW Tiguan + Sterling Europa 520

http://neilbrighton. typepad. com/distinct_reflections/

There was a time, many years ago, when you could get into most caravan sites at weekends without booking.

You want to go to Ashfields on the 13th March. I would ring Ashfields and explain your situation and ask for their advice. It's possible they may tell you that you haven't a hope unless you book. However, they could say that if you ring nearer the time, they may be able to give you a better idea of the situation. In which case you could ring them when you have had the necessary gas check has been completed.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :rolleyes:

What I really should have put is what are my chances of getting anywhere the last minute. ...I dont want to book because the carrot might be in longer than we thought in the garage. With it been a gas issue I want it sorted proply and not rushed.

If you can book holiday abroad last minute we may just get in some where caravaning. ..This was so not in my plans this year lol

That will depend on the popularity of the site and time of year. most of the time if I want to go somewhere I just ring to find out if there is any pitch availlable.

Great news then it can be done. I will have a list of places and try them as soon as they say the carrots safe. I think I will take my dad the month after as I really need to sort out the places reguarding his batmobile and maybe go to Ashfields in April or later. Many sites seem to open in March so fingers crossed. .it may be a lucky friday the 13th lol. Thanks x

Great news then it can be done. I will have a list of places and try them as soon as they say the carrots safe. I think I will take my dad the month after as I really need to sort out the places reguarding his batmobile and maybe go to Ashfields in April or later. Many sites seem to open in March so fingers crossed. .it may be a lucky friday the 13th lol. Thanks x

Hi Chrissie,

A lot of vacancies/cancellations happen in the days before the weekend so just keep trying. There is a lot of cancellations take place and we've managed on quite a few occasions to get onto Rowntree Park,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.