Advice Needed On Mini Ovens For Caravans

LastRollo

Hello

We are new to caravanning and recently bought a van that does not have an oven. I want to buy a mini oven but do not know what to look for or what to avoid.

Could anybody recommend a particular make/model or generally have any advice about mini ovens in caravans.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

We were looking at these the other week in Wilkinson's for my dad.(he can not bend into his its so low down) A lady said she had got one and put it on her kitchen side and made her Yorkshire puddings in it. I was thinking it must get quite hot for yorkies. She said it was a handy little thing and she did all sorts. We got it out of the box like you do when nobody is looking at it was 800w too which is good for a caravan. Ok it did not go back in the box as good as it came out (sorry wilkos) but it was a cute little thing and only £14. 99. You could not do a Sunday roast in side but it was a handy little thing.

We've got a £20 Lidl special and it's now 5 years old and still going strong.

yes it's not the biggest thing, however if fits beautifully under the side dinette for storage and is really efficient, in fact, too efficient sometimes as it has got a top and bottom element!!

It's got a timer on it as well.

We've never tripped the EHU yet.

Sharon

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

We too have one of these 'toaster ovens'. It cost us £20 from France. It is brilliant - can cook a whole chicken in it or just use it for warming up food - great for pizzas etc.

prefer this to our fitted ovn!

Hi

If you go abroad you might not get an electric hook up with comparable power to what is expected in the U. K.

Having said that I suspect most of the wattages mentioned will be O. K. (1380 watts = 6 amps at 230 volts, I think) but do be careful with microwaves - they consume more power than their output figure.

Scales

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

We are new to caravanning and recently bought a van that does not have an oven. I want to buy a mini oven but do not know what to look for or what to avoid.

Could anybody recommend a particular make/model or generally have any advice about mini ovens in caravans.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Another option might be to get a Remoska cooker from Lakeland Plastics. These come in 3 sizes (we use the standard for 4 of us) and look like a heavy duty non-stick round cake tin on a rack. The lid contains an element so is rather heavy and you need a safe place to put it down because it gets very hot. However, they cook BRILLIANTLY on very little electricity. I set ours up on a timer switch so I am sure that it will switch itself off if we go out!

Have a look at the Lakeland Plastics website.

Good luck.

I've got a combination microwave in my kitchen at home and I found it really useful when the oven on my cooker died. I wonder why manufacturers don't put these in their vans instead of an oven and a separate microwave. Mine is about 750 watts so reasonably powerful for a microwave yet it performs fine as an oven too.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Another option might be to get a Remoska cooker from Lakeland Plastics. These come in 3 sizes (we use the standard for 4 of us) and look like a heavy duty non-stick round cake tin on a rack. The lid contains an element so is rather heavy and you need a safe place to put it down because it gets very hot. However, they cook BRILLIANTLY on very little electricity. I set ours up on a timer switch so I am sure that it will switch itself off if we go out!

Have a look at the Lakeland Plastics website.

Good luck.

agreed we got one last year and are still amazed at what it can do. ... great sausages in red wine sauce last night. . and very low electric. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club