Pda Storage Cards

Wonky

Hi all,

I have a cheek asking here but what the heck!

Loads of you out there have Tom Tom on PDA. Now I have this and love it. I have just aquired the full France map and find I need a new SD card to load it. I want to get a 1Mb so's I can load UK too.

I seem to remember that someone on here said that all SD cards are not the same. Can you enlighted me please?

Also it seems that they are about £55 from Amazon. Is that a good price?

Best wishes and, oh, to link to caravanning . ......... er. ..........., oh, yes, Tom Tom took me down a dirt track with the van on the back recently! Luckily, it was't too bumpy!!! :rolleyes:

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Hi Martin

NO expert with S D cards but as far as i know there are two types of card. Standard and Mini SD. The most common is the standard which i and many others use in digital photography. £55 is a really good pric for 1GB not MB.

Dave

Hi Martin

NO expert with S D cards but as far as i know there are two types of card. Standard and Mini SD. The most common is the standard which i and many others use in digital photography. £55 is a really good pric for 1GB not MB.

Dave

13701[/snapback]

Oops, don't know me G's from me M's!

thanks for that Dave

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Guest macSpot

I usually get my memory cards from Picstop, they tend to be reasonably priced and delivery service is very quick. Their best priced 1GB SD card is £54. 90 (P&P), so the Amazon price is not bad at all.

Picstop also have the Mini SD, although the don't go up to 1GB.

MacSpot

For everything you've wanted to know and been afraid to ask!! (about TTG !)

http://www. expansys. com/forum. asp?man=TOMTO&code=TOMTOMGO

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

£55 seems to be the accepted price for 1GB SD cards now. www. 7dayshop. com has them as well.

BTW My Tom Tom Navigator asked me to do a U-turn on the A1 at the weekend which wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't a dual carriageway with a central reservation. It even counted down the yards to where I should do it. Looked like the same steel barrier all along to me so why she chose that particular bit to turn round in I don't know.

Keat

£55 seems to be the accepted price for 1GB SD cards now. www. 7dayshop. com has them as well.

BTW My Tom Tom Navigator asked me to do a U-turn on the A1 at the weekend which wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't a dual carriageway with a central reservation. It even counted down the yards to where I should do it. Looked like the same steel barrier all along to me so why she chose that particular bit to turn round in I don't know.

Keat

13802[/snapback]

I think it must have been getting a bit boring up there in that satellite, so she decided that she'd have a bit of fun with you :rolleyes:

Is an SD card, an SD card, or are there good ones and bad ones? Does anyone know? :mellow:

Martin W

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Is an SD card, an SD card, or are there good ones and bad ones? Does anyone know? :mellow:

13863[/snapback]

Inevitably, there are good ones and not-so good ones, and they do tend to go with the price.

The ones made in Japan seem to be thought of as better than those made in Taiwan or China.

Check out http://sdprob. aximsite. com/theproblemlist. htm for some further details of specfic cards.

Also check out the forums at http://www. pocketgps. co. uk - you'll find quite a bit of information here too.

I have a 512MB Dane-Elec SD Card that I got from Expansys which is OK, but not particularly fast.

When I upgrade, I think I'll go for a Verbatim 1GB SD card, and I'll buy it from here -> http://www. blankdiscshop. co. uk/acatalog/Digital_Media_. html -> I use them quite a lot for blank CDs & DVDs and their customer service is second to none. The Verb is a bit steep at nearly £70, but SVP also sell a cheaper version for less than £50.