Honda Cr-v (new)

ChrisUK

Does any one know how the Honda CR-V (latest model) detects there is a van on tow for its Trailer Stability Mode, do you need to have "Honda" electrics / towbar fitted for the car to detect it. Also, with no option of a full sized spare, can you tow with the space saver fitted? The CR-V diesel is on my short list (with a Santa Fe auto). I like the Honda and its reputation, but the Hyundai does tick all the boxes and I can go auto.

I tow a 1380 kg (max) Odyssey

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Does any one know how the Honda CR-V (latest model) detects there is a van on tow for its Trailer Stability Mode, do you need to have "Honda" electrics / towbar fitted for the car to detect it. Also, with no option of a full sized spare, can you tow with the space saver fitted? The CR-V diesel is on my short list (with a Santa Fe auto). I like the Honda and its reputation, but the Hyundai does tick all the boxes and I can go auto.

I tow a 1380 kg (max) Odyssey

Chris,

I recently changed my CRV diesel and I am not sure how the TSM works but there used to be a page on the Honda website which demonstrated it working.

As regards the Santa Fe, a friend of mine is on his second of the current model (manual) His first one did three well loaded trips to the South of France with a large single axle van. Its an excellent drive and I looked at them when changing my CRV in January but couldn,t do a good enough deal on one.

they drive very well, are heavier than the CRV and have a bigger fuel tank, handy when towing long distances.

Roger